Chapter 9 Dont you think Im trying

Sarah unpacked the small box in front of her, taking out a few shirts and neatly folded socks. Steve walked in holding some picture frames. "Where should I put these do you think." The pictures where of him and some of the other Avengers.  "Where ever is fine, you could place some on the coffee table, some on the dresser, anywhere  you don't think they will fall over." Sarah replied, placing the clothes the empty half of her drawer. Steve and Sarah have now been dating for 3 months. Steve was now moving in..sort of. He still had a room at the tower and some of his clothes there as well, but he now spent most of his nights at Sarah's. "Did you pick up your suit from the dry cleaning?" Sarah asked casually. "Crap no." Steve replied face palming. Sarah laughed. "Don't worry I'll grab it on my way back from the store. I haven't seen the fridge this empty in forever." Steve walked over and kissed Sarah's cheek. "Thanks babe. What time does the party start anyway?" Sarah walked over to the top of the dresser and picked up the invitation. " 7pm to 11pm." Steve place some of the pictures on the end table by the bed. "Its about time, though. Tony and Pepper have been engaged for almost 4 months now and they are just having the engagement party now?" Sarah shrugged. "Yeah, but they both have been so busy you know? Plus you know how hard it is to get Tony away from working on his suit long enough to even eat for a bit." Steve shook his head. "Yeah I guess, but I think if I was getting married that would be my main focus." Sarah went up to Steve and hugged him from behind. "Well, you and Tony are very very different people."

That's right Tony and Steve were VERY different people. A few days before Steve and Sarah announced they where moving in together, the announced Sarah was pregnant. Most people we happy or indifferent, such as Loki and Thor, but Tony didn't take the news well. He told them how irresponsible they had been, and he wanted details on when this had happened. Yelling at them like they were foolish teenagers. The other problem was that Tony was to smart for his own good. He declared that Sarah looked to big to only be as pregnant as she was saying. Luckily Sarah thought fast and put the hormonal woman on, she started crying and got angry at Tony for talking about her size. She and Steve even went as far as to say they had been intimate once before on the Heliocarrier. That shut Tony up. Though Sarah could see the small hint of hurt in his eyes. He just had to ask questions.

Pepper looked at her phone double checking the reservations she had set, as well as her email to see the list of who was coming to the party. Pepper couldn't believe it had taken this long to get the party planned. Tony had been no help, but finally after lots of threats Pepper got through to him. Now the night had finally come and Pepper waited as if she expected everything to go wrong. So far it didn't though. Tony walked into their bed room covered in lord knows what all over. "Tony! Get in the shower! We have a lot to do!!" Tony put a hand up. "Pepp calm down, its just a party, not our actual wedding day, Ill be ready in no time." Pepper sighed. She wished she could be as worry free as Tony. Tony made his way to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Pepper hared the shower turn on. Ok now she herself just needed to get ready.

Sarah browsed boredly at the store, picking out the items they need. Bruce walk casually with her down the aisle. He had talked to her on the phone when she mentioned needing to go shopping, seeing it as a chance to spend time together, Bruce offered to come along. "So hows it going with Steve?" Sarah looked up at him from the cearal box she was reading. "Fine, things are going pretty smooth so far." Bruce nodded. "Are you happy?" Sarah raised an eyebrow at Bruce. "Whats making you bring this up?"  Bruce shrugged as the continued to move forward.  Sarah continued as well with her eyes straight forward. "Well, thats a very seriouse question so I will give you a seriouse answer. Im happy enough. I dont expect much and I dont give much, Im simply pleased with whatever good karma comes my way. Im happy enough." Bruce looked at his blond friend with eyes that held much more than he was willing to say. Sarah new if she wanted to she could simply look into his mind, and find all the questions he had for her. The thing was, is that she was scared. Sarah didnt want to know anything she didnt have to, including the words left unspoken by Bruce. "So you dont think your settiling?" Bruce asked. Sarah thought about that all the time. The truth was she didnt know. Sarah wasnt sure if she could actually handle anymore or any less happiness. Afraid that if she did she might explode with the emotion of uncertinty. Uncertinty that it was all just a dream, a horrible yet beautiful dream. " I dont know Bruce." Was her only responce. Bruce woundered if Sarah loved Steve as much as she thought she did. "You know Sarah Love is not who you see yourself with, its who you cant see yourself without."