Chapter 7 SOS

Natasha laid back on Sarah's soft white bed spread. Looking up at the celling thinking about everything that was going on. Some people thought saving the world was hard, well who knew real life was so much harder. Natasha was at Sarah's house because she need someone to talk to the A) Wasn't a man and B) Didn't live with her. B was only because words spread fast in a house where everyone is basically a friendemi. Natasha chuckled slightly. It was almost like high school all over again.

Sarah walked over to the bed and laid beside her fire red haired friend. It was nice to have someone she could talk to. "Love sucks." Natasha said bluntly. Sarah smirked. "Life sucks." Natasha laughed a little too. "Everything sucks." The two laughed at their misfortune. What else could they do? "Should we cry?" Natasha asked, looking at Sarah sideways. Sarah looked at her as well thinking about it. "Do you want to cry?" Natasha looked back up at the celling. "I don't know. I feel like I should be though." Sarah nodded in agreement. They laid there in silence for a few moments. "Anything yet?" Natasha shook her head. "Nope." Sarah shrugged. "We tried." Natasha sat up and turned to face Sarah. "So what are you going to do about...that?" She pointed at Sarah's stomach, poking her slightly. Sarah sat up and rested her head in her hands. "I have no idea. I cant tell Tony now, hes engaged. I'm not a home wrecker." Natasha rolled her eyes. "Technically he isn't married yet, and besides clearly you had him first." Sarah shook her head. "No..no I didn't. Tony cheated on Pepper with me. I have no idea if Pepper knows or not. I just got so lonely you know? Tony was the one I knew wouldn't get attached in the end. I figured I wouldn't either and I'm not but.." Sarah rubbed at her face with her hands, as if doing so would wash away everything she was feeling at the moment. "But, I am having a baby, and he has the right to know that, but how do you tell someone you care about, something that's suppose to be wonderful, knowing it will be some of the most shocking and terrible news of their life." Natasha put her hand on Sarah's shoulder. "I'm sure this wouldn't be the most terrible."

Sarah looked at Natasha with sad eyes. "What about Clint. You have been avoiding him for over a week now." Natasha got up and began to pace the hardwood floor of Sarah's room. "Don't even get me started. I know my situation isn't as bad as yours but I'm lost. I think I love Clint but I cant be. We live such similar lives and the idea of him dieing everyday kills me. I know hes a pro and I shouldn't be to worried but I cant help it. We almost died, we almost were taken over by and Alien race! I cant stand the idea of coming home and find out Clint wont be." Sarah got up and grabbed Natasha's hand to stop her from pacing. "Nat, you love Clint, it doesn't matter if your in a relationship, not a relationship, if you move away and never come back. You love him. No matter where you are or what kind of relationship you have with him, that isn't going to change. You wont stop being worried if your not with him. You wont be afraid, just because your in a relationship, you'll be afraid because your in love." Sarah chuckled slightly. "I remember a rhyme my mother used to tell me. Sticks and stones are hard on bones aimed with angry art, words can sting like anything, but silence brakes the heart." Natasha looked at Sarah with a small frown. "I'm not the only one being Silent."

Steve sat on the couch, flipping threw the channels on the television screen. There was so many of them since he had been frozen, yet he could hardly ever find anything interesting to watch. Steve looked at the time on the screen. 2:37pm. Bruce came and sat down next to him. "Anything interesting?" He asked in a bored tone. Steve looked at Bruce while handing him the remote. "Not really, but your welcome to look." Bruce took the remote and started to flip. Steve all of a sudden felt a buzzing sensation in his pocket. Reaching in he looked at the phone Tony had insisted he get. One new text message. Is what displayed on the screen. Steve still hadn't go used to the phone yet, so it took him a while to actually open the message.

From: Sarah

Sent: Tue, Nov 16 2:40pm

Hey Steve, wanted 2 know if u wanted to go to dinner with me.