Chapter 3

After a quick afternoon nap I started to work on my thesis. It was starting to get pretty complicating. Last time I checked, Serena was still asleep. We both had decided to get two adjoined rooms. Currently the hotel we were staying at was neither too fancy nor too cheap. It was within our budget. Plus we could enjoy a beautiful view of the city. I sorted out the papers and had decided to go wake Serena when she barged into my room.

" Okay Zee I'm going to tell you a very important announcement now. ", she said displaying a stupid grin on her face.
" Shoot. ", I said.
" Okay they're holding a Music Festival here somewhere on Feis - "
" Feisole? ", I asked her.
" Exactly,yes. Now see all the great artists are gonna be there. I'm gonna call out their names to ya one by one. Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Martin Garrix, Coldplay, The Oasis, Shawn Mendes, Dua Lipa, and oh my goodness The 1975. ", I laughed softly at how she gasped when she read that her favourite band was going to be there for the festival. She went on to ramble about the festival when all I could think about was how Jared used to love going to concerts. It pained me now because if he were here he would be as excited as Serena.
Serena started to jump and scream all over the room. I looked at her and realised that she had gone out of control now.

" Please please say yes. Please. ", she pleaded.
" Umm Serena I'm uhh - "
" No no no no. I see what you're trying to do here. You can't just stay inside and not explore the city. It would be miserable. For how long are you gonna stay inside and I don't know finish yourself on these papers. You have to come outside with me. ", she said.
" I know. But it's just these music festivals remind me of Jared. You know how he used to love going to concerts. ", I could feel a lump form in my throat.
Serena sensed the tension brewing inside me and nodded.
" Well if that's the case then I'm sure we can go some other time to explore the city. It's not that important anyway. ", She smiled. Although I could see the disappointment in her eyes. She smiled at me.
" Wait a minute now. I know it hurts me and all but I didn't say that I was not going to join you for the festival. ", her face lit up with joy. She hugged me tightly and went on to change demanding me to change too.

I threw in a simple Star Wars crop top with knee-cut jeans. Serena was wearing a black spaghetti dress with converse. Florence was really beautiful. I had a feeling that I could spent my entire life here without any complaints. We reached the 2015 Summer Music Festival and damn the place was crowded. Well crowded would be an understatement. It was completely jammed with people from all over the city.
Serena looked over at me and grinned. I smiled back at her. We grabbed ourselves some drinks and later we realised that it was a Fundraiser Program so we didn't have to buy any tickets. We were strolling around the place when I heard my name being called from somewhere afar. Serena and I both looked around and I was amazed or rather shocked to see Ross here.
I could feel Serena gasp beside me. I had completely forgotten that he too was a member of The 1975. He had become quite handsome now and tall too. He came over to us and hugged me.

" Well well well, looks like Zara Blue has dropped at the correct place. Wow. It's really nice to meet you after so many years. ", he said with a wide smile.
" Likewise. How many years has it been? I mean look at you you've grown huge and quite a looker too. ", I said. 
" Well this is my best friend Serena. She and I have come here to watch the concert. "
" Hello Serena. ", he said.
" Hi. Oh my god. I'm a huge fan of your band. I love your songs and I love you all. Completely. ", she said. We all laughed at how Serena looked like she could burst out crying any minute now.
" Thank you. Really appreciate it. So, hey why don't you come meet the boys. I'm sure they will be happy to meet you two young ladies. "
" Ohh please. ", Serena squealed.
Ross led us to the backstage where there were two guys, smoking and having some drinks.
" Hey lads this is Zara Blue my friend from the early days and this is Serena her friend.", he said.
They both stood up and greeted us. They were quite welcoming.
" Where's Matty lads? ", Ross asked.
" Here I am. Anything special? "
I looked at the back and there he was, again. I think I was surprised, shocked, baffled and a lot other things on finding out the same guy from the airport who is now the one and only The 1975s frontman Matty Healy. He looked at Ross and then at me for a while and smiled at Serena.
" My fans? ", he asked.
" Our fans mate. ", George said from behind.
He had a cocky smirk on his lips and I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks.
Damn it! Why do these things always happen to me?

                                         ***

Ross was kind enough to allow us to watch the show from backstage. Serena was out of her mind and I was already dreading my presence and decision. The 1975s performance was after that of Shawn Mendes. After a round of applause and cheers the 1975 made their way to the stage with Matty carrying a bottle of wine in his hands.

They started their first round of performance with Chocolate, that annoying song. Matty slyly looked towards me and stealthily shot a kiss. No way! This man was way out of his mind. Also I could feel myself flush. I hated it.

Okay so readers this is my first time writing on watpadd and I gotta say I love it already. So if y'all could comment and vote for my story I would really appreciate it. Also to all The 1975 fans out there and Matty Healy lovers I've got no problem with the song Chocolate. But our Zara Blue isn't just a normal girl and the story is from her perspective. She isn't a great fan of The 1975 but well keep reading to find out what happens later on <3