Chapter 12

What should I do? What should I do? No. No, keep it cool. Keep it cool. Its okay. Its okay. Don't worry. Don't you worry.

I kept repeating myself back and forth that it was all okay. It was all okay. But would it really be? I had just discovered the side of Matty that was yet unknown to the world. Except me. Or did his friends know too. But even if they did, they would warn him. They're his best mates after all. They wouldn't want their mate to go downhill right?

The party had died down a bit. It was past 2 and so I sat beside Ross to catch some sleep. Serena and Ross were both asleep by the time the party died down. George and Adam were out in the backyard so I thought about getting some sleep. Thoughts regarding Matty kept revolving around my head. Eyes closed I could only see his image infront of me and if I opened my eyes then I would find the room empty except for me and Ross. Emptiness engulfed this room right now. I looked around the room for Matty but I didn't have an eye even on his silhouette. In the middle of all these thoughts I was lucky to find sleep at last.

" Hey, hey. "
My eyelids fluttered open as I found Matty crouched infront of me. He caressed my cheek and kissed my temple. I smiled at him.
" Good morning. ", I muttered.
" Good morning. "
He smiled at me and intertwined his fingers with mine.
" Where were you last night? ", I asked him shifting my position so I could face him properly. He furrowed his eyebrows and averted his gaze at the matress on the floor.

" I fell asleep. I was pretty tired. ", he said. His eyes were cast down as I could clearly make it out that he was lying. Unfortunately he was a bad liar. I looked down at him but didn't push the question for I didn't want to do it now. Not right now. He looked up and smiled, the same warm smile which felt like sunshine on your cold skin when the weather is chilly and the wind is blowing. He kissed my hand and took a seat beside me. Silence seemed to fill the distance between us preventing us from making any conversation.

I wanted to ask him about last night but couldn't find the courage to. Maybe he would think that I'm a nosey nobody. But I just couldn't push it away. He looked at me again and smiled. Nothing is more awkward than just sitting there and not knowing what to say to fill the silence.

" Hey guys, Good morning. ", Adam hung his jacket at the coathanger as he entered the room carrying six cups of coffee. I rapidly removed my hands from Matty which took him by surprise and looked at me. Though I didn't look at him I could feel him not loosing his sight from my face.

" You want some help, Adam? ", I asked him as I got up from the sofa leaving behind Matty who sat there in his own space.

" Yup, thanks. ", he smiled at me.
" Come on I'll help you too. ", Matty walked over to the coffee table and stood beside me.
" Its okay we've got it done. ", Adam replied.

Serena, I and the boys sat at the breakfast table talking about last nights party. Matty kept looking at me in between conversations which made me hard not to look at him sometimes. I looked at him and laughed at something George said when he got up from the table and walked out of the room. It took us all by surprise when he left so suddenly.

" What happened to him? ", I asked the boys.
George shook his head and said that it was just Matty being Matty. They soon adjusted to the atmosphere. I nodded and tried to focus on the coffee when all I wanted to do was run to him and ask what was the matter.

                                             ***

The day was quite warm today so I decided to go for a red sundress with white flowers. Serena and I were going out shopping, lunch and for some girl time. It had been a long time since we both had gone out.

" How is this? " , Serena asked me.
" I think the previous one suited you better. ", I replied. She was trying on some dress for the dinner at Henry's house tonight.

" Hey, Zee do you think his parents will like me? ", she asked me all the forms of seriousness creeping inside her. I looked up at her from my phone and smiled.

" Yes. Why do you think that? ", I asked her.

" I don't know. I'm becoming a nervous wreck thinking about all this pleasing parents bullshit. ", she sat down at the couch beside me.

" See thats the problem. You don't have to try and please them. Be yourself. They will love you for it. Always be yourself. That is the reason why we're friends, because you're not like other girls. You're supportive, charming, kind, loving, independent, beautiful and have a lot of depth that most people do not see. And I will always love you. ", I hugged her.

" Seriously Zara if the parents don't like me and refuse me I'm gonna say that same speech to make them realise that they are losing a gem here. ", I laughed and hit her.

" But thank you. You're the best. ", she said.
I placed my as around her shoulders.
" Okay now you're not gonna go on looking a complete hag, eh? You do have to look good. ", I said.
" Yes. I'll try one more. ", she said and entered the trial room.

" Okay so the dress was way too costly but it is so much worth it. I think Henry will go nuts after it. ", she said jumping in the middle of the mall.
" Yeah and would want to shag you later on. ", I replied.

" Oh completely and if he doesn't then its a goodbye girl. ", she said and we both burst out into laughter. We decided to head for H&M when my phone started ringing inside my bag.

I glanced at the screen and Matty's name flashed on my screen.
" Who is it? ", Serena asked entering inside the store.
" Its Matty. Why don't you go inside I'll catch up with you after his call. "
" Okay. ", she nodded and went inside.

" Hello? "
" Hey.  Just wanted to talk to you. ", he said.

" Oh umm okay. ", I mentally slapped myself at how bad I can get at phone conversations.

" So are you free? ", he asked.

" Right now? ", I asked him.

" No no. Not right now. Tonight. ", he replied. I had already started feel the stupid one at this conversation. Of course he wouldn't ask me out right now.

" Yeah, I guess. "

" Okay then I'll pick you up at 8. We're going out for dinner. ", he said.
" Dinner? ", I asked him a little surprised.

" Yeah. Why? ", he laughed at my tone of voice. " Don't you wanna go out with me? ", he asked me.

" No its not that. ", I let out a nervous laughter.
" Okay then. See you at 8. ", he replied.
" Okay then, bye. ", I said as I smiled at the phone.
" Ciao Bella! "
I hungup the call and entered the store. I searched around for Serena and found her on the east side of the store.

" I guess I'll need one dress too. ", I said as I searched for a decent dress.
" Why? ", Serena looked at me.
" Matty is taking me out for dinner tonight. "
She grinned at me and hugged me tightly.
" I think he wants to go serious. Seems like I'm wrong. ", she chuckled.
" Too soon to tell. ", I shrugged and giggled.

" Maybe but I've seen the way he looks at you. "

I looked at my brown hair, hazel green eyes and my pale skin in the mirror. I've never paid attention to the way I looked but the look in Matty's eyes when he saw me made me blush. Made me look at myslef in the mirror everytime I passed one. What were all these changes? He made me feel beautiful. Even if he hadn't said it yet, his eyes spoke louder than his mouth. His hands which had not written to me about my beauty spoke louder than itself when it was on me. His lips when placed upon me spoke ever more louder than he would ever speak. His lips wrote beautiful things on my lips when it had to. And it was all I wanted.