2. If I Killed Someone For You

"¿Would you love me more if I killed someone for you? ¿Would you hold my hands? They're the same ones that I used when I killed someone for you"

It had been a few days since I started working and since my first case. It had been a very quiet week. Week I took the opportunity to meet the rest of the team, because we don't work independently; Captain Jim Brass, homicide detective and the person we turn to when we need anything legally. Our key lab tech Greg Sanders is first-rate, he's always smiling and making jokes. Doctor Al Robbins, Chief Coroner, is our secret weapon, not only he is sharp he's also not disturbed by the actions and habits of humanity.

According to statistics, Tuesday and Wednesday are the days of least criminal activity, so that would explain why half the team had the night off. Since that night only Grissom and I would be there, he promised me that he would introduce me more to his specialty, forensic entomology. I left my bag in my locker when I received a message from Grissom saying he was waiting for me outside, we had a 420. I started studying the codes used by CSIs and police officers and I knew what a 420 was; homicide. Grissom drove in silence until we reached the crime scene. Police had already cordoned off the area, but there were a lot of people around, including journalists. Sergeant Ray O'Riley was waiting for us, he was the one who called Grissom.

-Press is going to be all over this one –he warned us- Four dead; mother, father and two teenage boys

-Press is going to be all over this one –he warned us- Four dead; mother, father and two teenage boys. Sisters were luckier. Teen girl heard a noise and hid in the closet. Alerted the neighbors. The younger sister, Brenda, is over there.

-¿What's the matter with your guys? –Grissom asked him when he saw a couple of officers leaving the house to vomit.

-They've been inside.

-I want the paramedics that ran this house back here immediately and call dispatch, you tell all my entire graveyard shift that I want them here ASAP; all of them, no exceptions –Grissom ordered the Sergeant- I'm going to do a preliminary walkthrough and you are going to take my notes, Laura.

We put on gloves and entered the house

We put on gloves and entered the house. The lights were off so we were going with the flashlight and being careful where we stepped. Just entering the house, something started to move in my stomach. I had the feeling that the murders had been brutal.