5. Forever Young

"May your wishes all come true. May you always do for others and let others do for you. May you always be corageous, stand upright and be strong. May you stay forever young."

Sara and I were in the Break Room filling out paperwork about the case we just closed; a case we worked for three days. Sara was the person on the team with whom I had less contact, but when we started working together on that case, I knew I was going to like her. We were both very emotional and very passionate. We weren't going to give up until we got to the end of the matter and knowing that there was somone on the team with a determination like that, it was great.

-¿What did he say when you told him that? -I asked interested in the story Sara was telling me about a boyfriend she had on her college days.

-¡That he didn't remember!

-¡No fucking way! -we both laugh at her response- You didn't believe it, ¿did you?

-No, of course not.

-¿What are you girls up to? -Warrick asked as he entered the room accompanied by Nick.

-Nothing evil if that's what worries you -I answered with a proud smile.

-Just talking about boys.

-¿You think it's too late to get out of here and pretend we haven't heard a thing? -Nick muttered out loud to his friend.

-I'm pretty sure they already put a spell on us -Warrick muttered back.

-¡Guys! -Catherine exclaimed- ¿What are you doing here? ¿Haven't you seen your phones? Grissom paged you twenty minutes ago, you've got a 419.

-Crap.. –Warrick said and looked at Nick- We have to go, ¡now! ¿You coming with, Catherine?

-No, I'm working the carnival case with Sara –she replied causing Sara to pay attention to her.

-So, ¿which case am I working on? –I wondered out loud.

-Dead jogger in the park –Catherine answered- Robbins has already started the autopsy, Grissom's with him if you want to join.

***

I walked into the autopsy room were Dr. Robbins and Grissom were already with the body. They both looked at me and then I walked up to the table where they were going over the autopsy findings.

-¡Glad your joining, Laura! –Dr. Robbins said- ¿You ever owned a kitten?

-¿..Yes, why?

-When you play with them, they don't just bite.. they scratch –I nodded agreeing with him- There's no signs of claw wounds on the victim.

 they scratch –I nodded agreeing with him- There's no signs of claw wounds on the victim

-¿So what are we dealing with? –Grissom asked- The teeth marks on the neck look canine. ¿Can you make a mold of the bite? Maybe we can narrow it down to breed.