Chapter 1: The Task

Training with the Purge Troopers was an entertaining past time.

They were trained and taught how to fight when up against a Jedi.

Because, after all, the Jedi were no ordinary rebels.

I would know. I used to be one.

But they neglected me, left me on Bracca, never came searching for survivors.

They were my enemies now.

And I had no problem with it.

"Brother," a voice I knew well sounded from behind me.

I nodded at the Purge Trooper I had been training with, and turned to face the source of the voice.

"Yes, Second Sister." I put my lightsaber on my belt.

It was like she was grinning. I never have saw her face before, behind her helmet. It was like she was hiding something. But it didn't matter, she was who she was, and she was above me. I had no right to ask or question it.

"We have... a task, for you."

A task? Something for me to do? The one thing I never liked was that I was always on the sidelines. I've never gone out and actually helped look for a Jedi. Just went on recons to small planets. Around here, though, a task could be something simple, like training with normal or Purge troopers, or an actual, real mission.

"And what might that be?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We have received word that a Jedi could be hiding out on Zeffo, unbeknownst to the troops we have had stationed there. One brave trooper went down in the turbine facility to do maintenance, never returned, and was found dead with what could have only been lightsaber damage to the armour."

I nodded for her to continue.

"And I want you to go out, and stop this Jedi. Bring them in for us to crack."

Holding back a grin was near impossible, but I succeeded.

"Yes, Second Sister. Do you want me to leave now or wait?"

"Leaving now would be best," she nodded, then turned towards the door.

Before she opened it, she turned to me once more. "And Cal? Have some fun with that Jedi. Make them suffer." With that, she was gone.

The Purge trooper had been listening the entire time, and I found myself suddenly annoyed with his presence.

"Do you want me to come with you, brother?" He asked, his voice feel and somewhat distorted behind his make.

"No, of course not," I seethed. "Leave."

He nodded quickly and left at the pace of a brisk walk, leaving me alone to look down at the lava flowing under the grates.

A Jedi.

I had been waiting for this day for months. A day where I could make the Jedi feel the same pain they had caused me. The same suffering.

And I was going to enjoy every second of it.

I sighed and started towards the door, ready to head to the hangar and fly to Zeffo.

Zeffo. I hadn't been there much, maybe twice to see the progress in the caves.

It was certainly an interesting planet, though I was not a fan of the fauna. That wasn't going to stop me this time around, though.

This time, I was excited.

The walk to the hangar was quick, as it wasn't far from the training room.

My ship was similar to Second Sister's, just a bit smaller. But it works, and it is convenient.

"Hey, Trooper!" I yelled down to one of the guards as I climbed up. "Inform Second Sister of my departure."

I watched him salute and start walking off as I pulled the hatch closed.

I set course for Zeffo, and hit lightspeed.

Landing on Zeffo wasn't the easiest thing to do. There were crazy wind storms on the planet, and it didn't help that the landing pad was on a cliff.

I gritted my teeth as I jumped out of my ship and out into the cold, windy, air.

A small squadron of Stormtroopers approached, guns at the ready like they had been taught.

I looked one of them dead on, giving him my full attention.

"Where was the dead trooper found?" I asked calmly, but in a stern manner.

"Uhm, follow me, sir," one of them said.

I narrowed my eyes but nodded, silently wishing they would've just told me.

The trooper lead the way through the hangar and down to the hallway type passage that lead to a village where more troops were stationed.

He stopped near where some railing was missing, and there was a ladder going down.

We both climbed the ladder and where met with complete darkness.

"Stupid switch," he muttered, before a click sounded and the room lit up.

It was a large cavern like area with different mechanics.

"Down there," he pointed.

There was a drop below us, accessed by another ladder. It was another passage that lead into the darkness.

I sighed. "Thank you, trooper. Return to your squad."

He saluted like the one in the Fortress, and began marching back the way he came.

I climbed down this ladder, pulling my lightsaber out to try and illuminate the area.

Bright red light flooded the passage, and I saw the body of the dead stormtrooper.

Taking a few steps forward, I crouched down and examined the damage.

It was definitely a Jedi. A large lightsaber burn mark ran down the chest, still somewhat warm from the heat.

The information Second Sister provided me with was new. She wasted no time in entrusting me with this mission.

A smile grew on my face as I stood and began down the passage once more.

Admittedly, I had no idea what to expect. I had never been down here before.

It was likely just a hall to some underground servers, and this trooper had the unlucky job of going down for maintenance.

A few more minutes of walking later, and I came to another room.

It was, as I had predicted, a server room that stored information on finds here for Zeffo.

I quickly turned my head at the sound of movement.

Something, or someone was down here.

"Who's there?" I asked, raising my saber and mentally facepalming.

I turned to look at the wall for some sort of switch for the lights, and found one just to my right.

Flicking it on, a small gasp could be heard.

A few feet ahead of me, behind a tower of machines, was a girl holding a lightsaber.

I grinned.

"Well, well, well."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Aha, there we go. I'm really enjoying this so far! I have some things to do now but hopefully this will keep you busy for a bit.