Chapter 2: Eva Taris

The Jedi looked up at me, a smug look of defiance on her face.

But her eyes gave it away.

Fear sparked behind her green irises. She was afraid.

"And what's your name, Jedi?" I sneered, not even attempting to hide my anger and hatred.

"Does it look like I'm going to tell you?" She smirked.

I took a few steps foward, igniting my saber once more. "Oh, I hope you don't," I growled.

The Jedi just raised her eyebrow. "Okay, Cal."

Wait, what? How did she know my name?

"Doesn't sound so scary to me."

I rolled my eyes and I took another step, halting as she ignited her own lightsaber.

Red and blue light lit up both of our faces.

"So, Cal, welcome to my humble abode," she grinned.

"If we're on that basis, might as well tell me your name."

"Eva Taris, sarcastic extraordinaire." She faked a salute and grinned.

"Enough small talk." I raised my lightsaber, ready to strike.

Eva shrugged. "If you say so."

Before I could bring my weapon down, I was pushed back into a wall.

The Force.

"Ouch, you okay?" Eva giggled.

I stood up and pretended all was fine and natural.

She could use whatever Jedi powers she wanted on me, but I had some tricks up my sleeve she could never imagine.

"Yeah, I'm fine, can't say the same for you," I snorted, using the Dark side of the Force to pull her close and up into the air.

"The weather up here sure is nice."

I shook my head and clenched my fist, limiting her air supply.

Eva's eyes widened slightly.

"Still nice?" I snarled.

She did her best to nod.

"Okay, well, you had your fun, Eva, but now you get to come with me." I tightened my fist, causing her to let out a slight squeak.

"No... thanks," she choked, shooting out her hand and pulling her lightsaber up.

"That's not gonna do you any good," I laughed, grabbing my own saber.

As confident as she tried to be, Eva was inexperienced and cocky.

She managed to ignite it, but I knew she wasn't going to be able to do anything.

I squeezed once more then let go, watching Eva fall to the cold, metal ground.

In her dazed state, I pulled my cuffs out from my belt and snapped them around her wrists.

Eva coughed and looked at me, her eyes now full of hatred.

I knew she was going to use the Force as a method of escape. She thought she was smart. But I was smarted.

"Nighty night," I grinned, before waving two fingers in front of her face.

Her eyes softened before she flopped over.

I sighed and tucked her lightsaber in one of my pockets, then slung her limp body over my shoulder.

She was light.

Easier to carry.

I scoffed as I walked up to the ladder. It wasn't always easy to climb a ladder with one hand, but it was something I had learned in training.

It didn't take long to climb up as it was a  short ladder.  Once at the top, I had to breathe for a second. I wasn't quite used to the extra weight, no matter what it may be.

The walk back to my ship was quick. The Stormtroopers didn't even cast a glance.

That was good.

They were disciplined.

Getting back in the ship was the hard part. Hey, you try carrying over half your bodyweight on your shoulder while trying to get into a starfighter. Go on, I'll wait.

It took a little longer and more struggling than I would've liked, and I knew the troopers were watching.

But I was successful in the end, and that's all that mattered.

I set Eva in the back, sat in my seat, and closed the hatch.

"Second Sister," I radioed as I started the ship up.

"Cal."

"I found the Jedi, and I have her in my possession. Just taking off from Zeffo now."

She laughed. "Well done. Bring her in, do as you please. When you get bored, hand her over to me. It will be time to welcome a new Sister to the family."

"Of course," was all I was able to answer with.

I shot into lightspeed, and sat back in my seat with a sigh.

I landed in the hangar of the Fortress a few minutes later.

"Damnit," I muttered. I had only just now remembered that I had to carry the nuisance out of the ship and to the interrogation chamber.

I'd say it took me a good 30 minutes just to get to an empty room.

I strapped Eva into the chair, then leaned against the wall.

It was hard to tell when she would wake up. My Force powers definitely weren't the strongest, but they're better since I had been a Jedi.

The red light in the room was dull and boring. I wanted something bright. Something worthwhile, make things more interesting.

I fidgeted with my fingers, not bothering to take my tight, leather gloves off. They were a pain anyway.

"Someone's twitchy," a voice muttered.

I looked up to see Eva Taris looking back at me, annoyance written all over her face.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sorry this chapter is shorter, it's a bit of a filler. Better action and stuff tomorrow!