I Really Hope You Enjoy the Show.

"Vic, whats wrong? Why do you look so down?" I continued to ask.

"Jen, are you alright? Did....Did I say something earlier? You've been like this since we left breakfast this morning. I'm a little worried..." His voice trailed off.

As if off instinct, I stepped back two small steps and held my wrists behind my back. He wont hurt you. He looks so hurt. Just tell him the usual lie, 'I'm fine. I just need sleep.'

As if the thought couldn't come out fast enough, Vic spoke up again. "Don't tell me you're okay, or that you are just tired. I know that you're being defensive in your head cause you had to bring up bad memories of the person you loved all those years. Let me at least tell you my story, before you head to bed. Just to show you that I won't hurt you and that I'm here for you. I've been there. Kinda. Not exactly the same same place, but sort of."

I just nodded my head and sat down, that's when he started to spill it all.

"So, it all started back in high school..I was dating this girl, she was my everything. I imagined a whole life with this one. White picket fence, kids, marriage. The whole shebang. She said she loved me, but I guess she couldn't hang, because after we graduated, she ended up sleeping with Mike. He was drunk, so, he doesn't really remember, but she was as sober as could be. She begged him to fuck her, and he didn't really see her as my girl. He only saw her as another girl at the party we were throwing. I don't hold it against him. She, however, she destroyed me. I began self harming in more than one way. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't know there were other ways of coping. Then I met your brother 4 years ago. He became my best friend. He helped me out of my slump, and now here I am, trying to help a beautiful girl from crying herself to sleep, or starving herself because she thinks that she isn't enough for someone."

He looked up at me, and I knew in that moment, I had to spill all of my secrets to this man, before I did something stupid.

"Vic, I need to tell you something.... Something that Kellin doesn't even know about me...." 

I couldn't even look him in the eye.

"Vic, I've been cutting myself for 7 years... I knew about Craig before he knew about himself, so I just I was just waiting on him to tell me that I was wrong and that he really did love me. I couldn't leave him, I was scared of being alone... I wanted companionship. He and I never had sex. That's where it all started.... My bad thoughts, telling me that I wasn't good enough, that he had met someone better than me, that I would never be good enough for anyone.... Thats also why, I never wear short sorts, or tank tops around anyone.....Im littered with scars. Scars that no one should see...." I began crying, spilling out all the things I've never told anyone, to someone I just met.

"Jen, I'm here for you"

Then he did something I did not expect. He kissed me.