chapter seven

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

the rink erupted into a wave of shouting and bickering.

all of us new players were a line with the ducks facing us.  The ducks targeted each of us for the stupidest reasons.

I listened as the ducks' goalie yelled at Julie.
"You call yourself a cat?"

I shook my head angrily. As he continued to pick at Julie, I was about to step in and defend her when I someone shoved my shoulder.

I whipped around to the boys who stood in front of me.

"What the hell!" I yelled, shooting dagers at them with my eyes.

"Sorry sweetheart, but before you go around thinking your the "star player" of this team, I would get a reality check" a geeky boy with glasses said flinging his arm around the boy next to him, the one that was glaring at me before.

"Cause we have banksie right here, and he would show you up any day" he finished, smirking at the blonde boy who was taller than him.

I scoffed looking between the two.
"I never once came in here thinking or saying I was better than anyone. Seriously get over yourselves. I think it's sad your friend banskie is getting insecure over a girl" I snapped glaring at the one with glasses.

"Insecure. Over you?" The blonde boy scoffed.

A shorter boy with brown hair beside him stopped him from continuing by grabbing his shoulder. I noticed how that boy wasn't arguing with anyone. He was wearing the captain's 'C' so I guess he was expected to set an example.

"Come on Adam just leave it" he said, sending me an empathetic look.

I appreciated the gesture and sent him a small smile. But it didn't change anything. That boy Adam still hated my guts... for legit no reason.

"Everybody freeze!" Coach screamed above the ruckus.

I jolted at the sudden sternness and it scared me a bit.

"Now, we didn't come here to fight! We came here to play hockey!" The coach kept the same tone in his voice

"We're Team U.S.A. You represent your country" he continued pointing at all of us.

"That's right" don agreed.

"Now, i want you-"