chapter ten

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

a couple days had passed since our girl's afternoon at the spa and I had noticed no change in behavior from Adam. I hadn't even asked Anne if she had spoken to him. She probably hadn't.

I spent most of my time last night filling in Kailey about the whole situation I was in and let me tell you, she was definitely not a fan of Adam.

Even though we weren't in the same state, she made it pretty clear that she would beat his ass if he ever hurt me. Although I appreciated the care, I thought I was quite funny, mainly because, one, she probably couldn't do that if she tried and two, I can stick up for myself.

She's one of those girls who are really sweet but turn super tough when someone is rude to her friends. It's really funny to watch.

the blow of a whistle ringed in my ear causing me to break abruptly on the ice and look over at Coach Bombay, who held the whistle in between his lips.

"That's enough sprints. Now let's scrimmage" he blowed the whistle once more before dividing us into two teams.

Julie, Dwayne, Luis, Fulton, Charlie, Adam and I were on one team and Connie, Guy, Jesse, Averman, Dean, Ken and Goldberg were on the other.

We split into our teams on the rink getting ready for the face off.

"Come on coach, you have Madison and Adam on the same team, how is that fair?" Jesse argued.

"Yeah may as well surrender now" averman added taking his spot next to dean for defense.

"Defense practice" Coach replied.

I skated to the center to meet Jesse for the face off. The sound of someone stopping next to me pulled attention to the side. Adam stood there looking down on me.

"I'm center" he rudely stated. "And I take face offs" Anne obviously hadn't spoken to him or she has and he just doesn't give a shit.

I stared at him blankly before directing my gaze back on Jesse.

"Tough" I replied keeping my gaze to the front.

He stayed for a couple seconds before muttering something under his breath and skating off to the right wing.

I small smile crept onto my face and lowered my body waiting for the whistle blow. The familiar ringing echoed in the rink and i immediately snatched the puck in front of me and flung it across to Charlie.