new york: rock bottom

Quarantine with your ultimate and almost three year crush might be the worst-slash-best case scenario given to Ava.

But actually the global pandemic can top that off.

Ava has always loved New York (after moving in here just a few months ago), being an aspiring fashion model and designer. She admires the creativity and diversity of certain designers that she has looked up to and took inspiration of it to create her own clothing line. It still is in the pending section of her art as she tries to balance that and exploring New York.

It was going very well for Ava as she recently attended NYFW and lowkey fangirled over Anna Wintour and she definitely has plans on going around more to discover what's install with this prestigious city when

New York hit rock bottom.

It turns out, while Ava was happily munching on the city's well-known hotdog sandwiches, people in China has also been consuming bats (based from her coronavirus research) which resulted to a small chaos of the pandemic around Asia, wherein people tried to assure everyone that it's not that of a serious case. But here she is, witnessing New York's coronavirus cases going crazy (even crazier than China's) in which resulted to an anxiety-filled and panicky Ava.

She first called her parents, who's staying on Hawaii which fortunately on their part, is handling coronavirus very well. But unfortunately for her, she hated Hawaii with her guts as she knows someone who is living on that island that would piss her off so much. She doesn't need to see the face of the boy who happily cheated on her with a waitress on their favorite restaurant.

With that, she hit up with her friends. And of course, just like her, they were also panicking and decided before even the government's request that they would self-quarantine themselves.

She sighed in frustration. She hated the idea of living alone, in a place she barely knew (especially with it having a rapid increasing of cases), and to cope up with her own anxiety. The pandemic, itself has already given her the scare plus the chance of being isolated with no comfort made her feel like she's in a horror movie.

She knew she had to atleast find a way to catch up on a plane ticket far away from NY to somewhere she knows a name of a single person and somehow beg them to adopt her.

Which sounds lunatic to others but she's in desperate need of companionship.

Having her last hope be handed to her own brother, she gave him a call. He has a family on his own, with his ever-so-supporting wife and a fraternal twins who she tries to convince to love her more than her brother. She knew that living with them would not cause a single trouble in their household.

"I would really bring you here if I could, Av."

Of course, just what she expected. She totally forgot that his wife was Italian, and they sorted out their happy life on Italy, which was also in total lockdown after coronavirus almost wiped off their whole population.

"I don't know what to do, Aug. Mom and Dad decided to stay in Hawaii which we should never talk about in a minute. All of my friends are just as scared as I am but luckily for them they were able to grab a place to stay with their families. I am literally in New York and it's-" She rambled on until he asked her a question that caught her off guard.

"Have you been speaking to Calum lately? I just got in touch with a him few days ago and he told me he's living alone in LA and is also in need of a buddy to help him out. I know you liked him for a quite a while after the whole bullshit thing happened to your relationship but I feel like- hey Av, can you hear me?"

She murmured a low "yeah" as she tried to register in what he just said. He continues to ramble on a few more words but she couldn't hear him. Only she can imagine what it would be like living in the same house with the person her heart beats so much for so long.

"I think you've understood my point, Av. I'm gonna ring him up right now so you better start packing your clothes, okay? Bye stay safe, Av."

She widened her eyes and before she could even settle in with something, her own brother hanged up on her, leaving her with a trail of what if's and scenarios.

She took her suitcase and started packing up, her hands shaking in which she has no clue if it is because of the ongoing pandemic or meeting Calum. She knew through the pile of clothes laying around her suitcase she would have to hurry up if she doesn't want to get affected by the coronavirus but at the same time she's hesitant about living inside the house of Calum for God knows how long.

But one thing Ava knows for sure is that she doesn't want to take bad risk of her health just because of her feelings, because nothing is going to happen to her right?

No feelings would go between our friendship, she assured herself.

Not long after, her brother has quickly booked her a flight from New York to LA which would board the next morning, sending her more details for tomorrow, reminding her precautionary measures to follow and a series of stay safe until she decided to cut him off and bid him a good night.

I would never fall for him. She laid down on her bed, staring at her apartment that she fell in love a few months ago. It's crazy how this pandemic pushes her to do something that she couldn't see herself doing before.

I would fall for him. That is one thing that the pandemic could never push her to do.

I would never fall in love with him.

She thought so.