adventure: blossom

Ava stared at her own reflection on the mirror, studying the dress that Calum had prepared for her. It fits her body perfectly, hugging her right curves that made her feel like a princess again just like when she was a child. He does know what looks best on me. But then again, she thinks what could have been going on inside the Kiwi's mind. She still assumed there was something going wrong between the both of them.

Her eyebrows furrowed, running her fingers through her hair in slight frustration and anxiousness while she walked back and forth on the soft carpet. Her thoughts were interrupted by a notification in her phone. She glanced at the unknown number, looking at it suspiciously while opening the message

unknown
hey it's ash! sorry if it seems like i'm intruding your personal life but calum told me to tell you that you should head out after checking whatever is inside the box (if you haven't seen it yet). have fun!!

She seemed relieved by the words, typing in some message before saving Ashton in her contacts.

She fixed herself one more time before grabbing her purse and phone, heading towards the door which would lead to whatever Calum has planned. She hesitated to claim it as a date like she always did, but it soon disappeared when she noticed a type of wildflower laying infront of her door. She grabbed it and opened the card that was attached to it.

hi i'm calum, i play bass in 5sos. welcome to the wildflower adventure, i'm glad you decided to join me. check my room for another flower like this.

Ava could not help but bite her lip while she reads what is written on the card. Excitement rushed through her veins as she walked towards the room right beside hers. She opens the door, and was once welcomed by the perfume that she absolutely love of Calum's. She surveyed the room, that was once messy a week ago was now very clean.

While looking for the flower, her eyes landed on the picture frames that sat on Calum's nightstand. There were several pictures of his family and his bandmates while little captions were written below in it.

Her heart fluttered, seeing as these photos tell series of stories on how Calum grew up to be who he was right now. Just when she was about to tear her gaze away from it, another flower laid on his bed. She picked it up before opening another card.

did you know wildflowers are built to grow on its own, which reminds me of you, an independent woman who achieved much more in education than i did. find duke's playhouse.

She giggled, remembering a story that Calum had told her about his high school. Unlike Ava who is a college graduate and garnered an honor, Calum dropped out of school just to succeed in his career as a musician. But Ava was not bothered about it at all. Other than the poem that he had made about a turtle when he was young, she knew he was smart, a great intellectual. He is a great songwriter after all, and she figured out this wildflower obsession of him holds such deeper meaning for him.

She walked out of the room with two flowers in her hand as she heads towards Duke's room. She likes it when Calum always mention about Duke, he seems to have a different kind of connection when he hangs out with his dog. He treats him like a baby, and her thoughts wandered on how Calum would be like as a father.

She walked in to be greeted by Duke's waggling tail as she knelt down to pet him. She cuddled him, using the same high-pitched voice that Calum always uses to Duke. When she let go of Duke, he ran towards the little house that he sleeps into while she follows him. To her surprise, she has quickly found another flower that had been set up. She bet Calum was proud of Duke for not biting into the white petaled flower.

most wildflowers are beautiful, fragrant, and colorful. and by that i meant you. remember cinnamon rolls?

Her eyes glowed as she put on a stupid grin whenever she feels giddy, kneeling down to kiss Duke once again before heading downstairs to his kitchen. The familiar smell of cinnamon rolls lingered around the room as her mouth watered over the sight. She couldn't believe Calum had made her favorite pastry, nor could she remember when he had made this.

She took a piece of the warm soft buns, savoring the taste in her mouth, remembering its flavor when she had made this few days ago. She silently applauded Calum for the cinnamon rolls. But a part of her doubts his skills to make such good pastry but nevertheless, she appreciated the effort.

She finds another flower on the kitchen counter and grabs it before opening the card.

wildflowers are great for attracting pollinators which are critical to our ecosystem. would love to go into a deeper detail about it but maybe save it for another date? meet me at the patio.

She laughed loudly, running her fingertips on the words before walking out of the kitchen.

Calum on the other hand, was feeling extra nervous and jittery. He had planned this out the night before, with the help of his bestfriends. He sat down at the picnic blanket he had gently laid down on the grass as he double checks everything he had placed before rubbing his hands together in attempt to keep himself warm and calm.

He was anxious on how Ava would react on his little adventure plan. He surely ignored her the whole day, and he spent hours contemplating on what he was doing and what he was about to do. He would be surprised if he finds Ava heading towards the garden with flowers on her hands. Nobody likes it when their favorite person ignores them for a whole day.

He wasn't sure of how he was feeling towards Ava. He doesn't know if it's just a super huge crush that he could move on easily or if he was really in love with her. But one thing he's sure about is that she makes him feel giddy and do things that he doesn't even see himself to do. He had never felt this type of feeling for so long. He was scarred when it comes to love, feeling hopeless and bitter about it after his recent breakup and he doubt he would ever had a soulmate. But here Ava is, making Calum feel things once again when he thought he couldn't.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard footsteps from his patio and he immediately stood up after catching the familiar blonde with the dress he had prepared for her. The smile on his lips grew bigger when he sees her looking as beautiful as she always do.

Ava walked around Calum's patio, trying to find the tanned Kiwi but her attention only seems to be focused on the colorful petals that were decorated along towards the garden. She followed them like a little kid, her eyes glued to the petals that she doesn't take notice of her surroundings.

She stopped at the the end of the scattered petals and found one more flower. She slowly picked it up before reading the card one last time.

if you hold up all the wildflowers you have picked in your little adventure, i would find six beautiful living things in the world.

She held up the flowers she had collected, counting up to only five of them in her hand. Her heart beats faster, thinking that she had missed a flower on her way here. She was about to turn back to his house to find it only to be stopped by a voice. Her eyes caught his, and when she sees him walking slowly towards her she knew she would fall harder for whatever he had in planned for her.

"Lovely to see you, my wildflower."