Don't Get Involved

Chapter Ten

"Thanks for letting me stay here for a while,Kaitlin."

She smiled."Anything for you,kiddo."

I laughed."You barely know me,how can you say that?"

"Because you make Damon happy."

"What makes you say that?" I raised an eyebrow,getting nervous as the beautiful vampire steeped towards me.

She smiled."I see the way he looks at you."

"But...Kaitlin,he's with you."

"But,Dally!He doesn't love me,you think that after all of these years I can't tell when I'm being used?He just wants me for his own personal uses.But,you are something special,he wants you around because he likes you."

I scoffed.Surely,I wanted him,no,more like needed him,but I didn't understand why the asshole would want me.Certainly,for his own uses.

"I'm not sure..."

"I know about those dreams."She said with a smirk.

I was speechless and embarrassed.I didn't think that anyone knew and if they did,they would surely look at me differently.My face turned various shades of red.

"It's okay,Dally.It's normal and they were Damon controlled."

I almost stopped breathing and panicked.The panic started a never ending stutter.

"Whoa,Dally,calm down.You need a break from all of this.Let's go."

"Go where?"

"Out..that's all you need to know."Kaitlin giggled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up the next morning in complete confusion.I didn't know where I was,the time,and probably not even the date.

"Morning,sunshine."A voice said.

I looked up and saw Damon.I groaned as I tried to sit up.

"Someone's hungover."He said in his usual cocky attitude.

I rolled my eyes."Shut it,Damon."

He smirked."Bonnie's been looking for you."

I scoffed."Oh so now she needs me?"

"Don't be such a bitch,she wants to leave for your grandmother's funeral."

I raised a suspecting eyebrow at him,"Since when do you care about me or my family?"

His gorgeous eyes met mine."You know why."

"Damon,I'm not falling for that.You love Elena."

"Look I know that it's a doppelgänger thing,but I love Katherine,not Elena."

I sighed."Damon,I'm not stupid."

"You sure?"

He winced from the quick pain of an aneurism.I giggled.

"I'll never get tired of doing that."

"Yes,you will.Sooner or later,you'll do that,but I'll be immune to it."

I laughed,"Never,Mr.Salvatore."

He looked deep into my eyes for a minute,I could tell that he was thinking about kissing me again,but I quickly looked away.

"I should go,gotta go see Giselle."He said, handing me a mug filed with coffee.

I stood up and reached over for it.

"Another one of your whores?"I asked,taking a sip of the hot liquid.

He chuckled."No,just an old friend."

"You seem to have a lot of those don't you,Damon?" I said, still standing and placing my mug on the table.

He glared at me and stepped closer again.He grabbed my waist,gentle enough to not be threatening,but hard enough for me to know that he was serious.

"They mean nothing to me,they're just victims that I feed off of and nothing more,got that?"

"Then why do it?"

I struck a nerve because Damon gave me a sick,almost sinister glare and walked out of Kaitlin's apartment.I sighed deeply and sat back down to drink my coffee.Soon after,Kaitlin came walking out of the bathroom with nothing on except a towel.She was perfection and I could instantly tell why Damon wanted her.

"He left so soon?"

"He had somewhere to be,"I said,not telling her the full truth.

She nodded."Did you two get along?"

I nearly choked on my coffee."Yeah...we did,everything is fine."

She looked skeptical,but she bought it and went to the bedroom to change.

Yeah,we got along...almost a little too well.I made a promise to myself...don't get involved with Damon Salvatore.