yeo-seot

three years later

i wiped the table and cleaned up the mess that the customers left. i sighed then i looked outside. it still bright. i checked on my watch. 2:00 pm.

" hana, table two!"

i headed to table two and took their orders. after that, i rested a bit on the counter tops. yeji smiled at me and said " a long day ahead huh?"

" today is so busy" i let out a tired smile. then i go back to work.

since i can't skate anymore, im working at my cousin's diner and also im doing a part time job as a ice skating teacher. only god knows how i missed skating.

my shift already over. i said goodbye to yeji and headed home. it's still winter. snowflakes started to fall.

i looked at the ice skating rink besides the diner. young people, couples and even elderly looked happy while skating. i missed the feeling.

i didn't realised that my tears already started to fall. i  wiped my tears and headed to my car and drove home.

-

i binge watched all the kdramas that night. then, i checked on the messages. some messages from mom and dad, one from yeji and one from a skating student.

then i stumbled upon one number that i didn't ever touch since the incident. i shook my head and closed the phone.

the incident still haunted me. and it's deeply hurting me.

-

next day

i took orders and sent the orders. over and over again. i wiped my sweat with the cloth that hanging over from my neck.

i took a rest a bit. drank some water.

" hana, there's a customer" yeji said. i quickly stood up and greeted the customer with a smile. but my smile faded when i saw the customer.

the eyes, the lips, the nose, are still the same. he still the same but more elegant then before. my hands were shivering. i can't believe my eyes.

" you just gonna stand there?" the man said that i made me go back to reality. then a beautiful looking lady walked in.

" what is this place, babe?" the lady hugged the man's arm. she looked sulky.

" idk. i heard this is the best diner in korea so maybe we will try" the man smiled and caressed the lady's face softly.

" hey you waitress. are you just gonna stand there until the end of the world. where's our seat?!" the lady snapped at me. i quickly apologised and showed them a empty seat.

the man looked at me, confused and sat.

is it you, chae hyungwon?