𝟎𝟓

( 𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 )

If there was a sure time that Malia could feel her heart beating out of her chest, it was now

If there was a sure time that Malia could feel her heart beating out of her chest, it was now. The constant feeling of it trying to escape past her ribcage onto the floor of the horrendous, dark motel room filled her body. She felt the hard beating all through her body, all the way from her head to her toes. It was trying to escape out of its cage while Malia felt as if she'd pass out at any second.

The pit forming in the girls stomach was enourmous. She felt as if she could empty her stomach of all its contents on the carpet that probably had stains all over it. The thought of the cops finding them made her feel ill. Three teenagers in a room that didn't belong to them all because they wanted to be nosy. And to make matters worse, one of them happened to he holding a gun in his hand.

"Alright, come on. Through the window!" John B whisper-yelled, not knowing if the cops would be able to overhear him. Malia was frozen. Her feet were glued to the ground, her eyes glued to the outdated door. The small breeze from the outside wafted into the room and made the papers rustle from the impact. "Malia! Get the hell out of there." John stuck his head back through to get the girls attention.

She soon snapped out of her trance and pushed her way through the window. As she started to climb out, a hand grabbed her and pulled her away from being seen as the sound of the window shutting rang through the air. She held her breath, her eyes shut, and had a tight grip on whoever's arm was helping push her up against the building as well as their body.

"You're gonna cut off the blood flow if you don't ease up on my arm." A whisper filled her head, making her snap her eyes open to see JJ leaning against her. A glare was being sent her way from him as he looked between his arm and the girl. She loosened her grip on him, but kept her hand placed there.

"I should have never gotten on that boat in the first place." Malia muttered before locking eyes with John B who sent a reassuring smile to her. The thing was...she got no reassurance from him. Everything was going wrong in her mind. Right now the infuriating blonde boy in the group was pressed against her and there was still a possibility of the cops finding them.

If she thought her heart was beating fast and hard inside the room, now it was multiplied. She was pretty sure the cops that were now exploring around the room could hear it through the walls. Her heartbeat was getting louder by the second as she watched John B sometimes sneak a glance into the room. "Chill. Your heart feels and sounds like it's gonna jump out of your chest."

"I can't help it, JJ. I'm freaking the fuck out." She wanted to yell, but knew she'd blow their cover if she did. Malia gritted her teeth and attempted to take deep breaths. Thankfully, JJ believed she was just freaking out over the cops and not because of how close they were. That only played a small factor into her loud, consistent heartbeats.