𝟏𝟎

( 𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻 )

The silence between the four remaining teenagers pierced through the air as they waited for their leader to get back

The silence between the four remaining teenagers pierced through the air as they waited for their leader to get back. Malia didn't know how long he had been gone and she wasn't particularly looking at the time considering it just meant she was most likely needed back home. After what Malia had revealed, nobody really knew what to say to her. It was clear they were walking on eggshells around her and all they wanted was John B back so that they had something else to occupy their minds with. Even though the girl needed it, Malia was the first to break the group hug they all shared in order to go sit by herself.

That's how she got to where she was now. She sat at the end of the dock with her feet in the water looking out at the water. It wasn't long before the time by herself was interrupted. The wooden dock creaked as somebody walked along it. Malia made no efforts in turning around to see which person had finally came to her. She knew it was a matter of time before they decided to say something to her. Malia's mind told her it was Kiara coming to check on the girl and see if she wanted anything, but the silence stayed there for longer than it would have.

Malia averted her eyes to staring at her feet that were submerged in the dirty water. She kicked her feet around slightly to create small waves in order to entertain herself. The other person who had joined her made a move to sit down next to her yet still kept the silence between them. What she didn't know was that it was JJ who had made the decision to come and keep her company as they waited for John B. It's not that JJ could exactly say he knew what she was going through, but he did know what it felt like having a horrible father.

At some point, the no communication was chewing away at Malia. She let a small groan leave her lips, "Whatever you need to say, you should just say it. Being quiet doesn't really help."

"I didn't know whether or not you actually wanted me quiet." JJ started making the girl snap her head up and meet his eyes. "What? Didn't expect me to be the one to come down here?"

"I really don't have the energy to argue with you, JJ. Please." Malia softened after saying it and let her shoulders drop. She didn't stop looking at the boy even when he turned his head away, choosing to look at the water.

"At the kegger, you said your dad was a dick. I know how that is, trust me." JJ chuckled, "It gets easier. You tend to block it out at some point."

"My dad isn't even my dad."

"No, but he took you in for a reason. And it's not just because he wanted to keep you from your uncle's way of living. He most likely doesn't show you love because he sees his brother every time he looks at you."

"Well, I am his daughter apparently. And my mom. God, what about my mom? Is she the real one or do I not know anything about me?" Malia rambled out finally feeling everything sink in.