Making new friends

Lance's POV

As Keith and Kathy left and disappeared into the crowded cafeteria, I was left alone with myself. Considering what to do, I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a short and slim boy or girl- I don't know. They had brown eyes, fair skin, and disheveled light brown hair with two spikes on either side of their head and unruly bangs and they also wore round, circular glasses. They wore a white shirt with green shoulders and a green waistband, and dark grey shorts. The jumper has pockets and a high floppy collar is secured with a grey neck brace.

"Hey, my name is Katie Holt but I prefer Pidge. I have never seen you, are you new?" Oh it's a girl. "Nice meeting you Pidge, my name's Lance and I am new in Voltron High. I recently shifted to America from Cuba because my dad had a transfer here." I replied to Pidge.

"Nice meeting to you too Lance, I guess. Would you like to sit with me and my best friend, Hunk? He's a total cinnamon roll and you'll just love him?"

"Yeah sure if you don't mind having extra company." I replied.

"Not at all, now come with me!" She said and dragged me towards there. We chatted a little while we reached her table. There sat on the table a tall, burly man with dark brown hair. His skin tone was mahogany and his eyes are dark to match. His hair is long and straight in the front, spilling over the orange bandana he wore on his forehead.

He put on a yellow long-sleeve shirt underneath a green polar vest with shoulder pads. His pants were frumpy and brown with knee pads, tucked into grey boots with orange straps. His grey belt had machanic's satchels on each hip. He accessorises with a flowing, orange bandana and black, fingerless gloves.

Apperantly he was too busy texting someone to notice us. "His girlfriend" she said and snickered. When he noticed us, he immediately put his cellphone down and waved at us with a smile.

"So who's this, Pidge?" Hunk asked looking at me.

"This is our new friend and I have decided that I like him. So now he's one of our own." Pidge said.

"Wow guy. You made Pidge like you. That is something not many people can achieve." The guy named Hunk said.

"I feel blessed. My name is Lance."

"You should feel blessed." Pidge said with a smirk.

"So new buddy tell us something about yourself. Where are you from?" Pidge and Hunk look at me like they are ready for my whole life story from birth till now.

"I'm from Cuba. We just moved to the states." I said.

"Cuba? That's awesome! Don't they speak Spanish there?"

"Sí hablo español con fluidez." I said to them in Spanish.

Pidge leans towards hunk and said, "Hunk.. I think we found our guy to get an easy A for spanish.."

"We are keeping him. You have a great eye for new friends Pidge." Hunk replied to her.
I laughed as I am glad I found new friends really easily. I knew it wouldn't take long to get new friends, but this was quicker than I expected and these guys seem amazing.

"So why did you move?" Hunk suddenly asked.

"Oh my father and brother got a job here. So he made us all move. But it isn't all that bad. Our house is better now and my familia can live a better lifestyle. So living here is fine." I answered.

"That's good. But do you have any problems speaking English, you know, it's a totally foreign country and everything and all?" Hunk asked me curious and worried.

"Nah, don't worry. I came to this country once when I was a child and I took a lot of English classes at my previous high school in Cuba anyways."

Hunk seemed reassured. "That's really great you know." Pidge said something but I  wasn't paying attention as I was looking for a certain mullethead.