Chapter 7

But mostly, I hate the way I don't hate you

__________________________________

I didn't recognize myself when I looked into the reflection. My hair was put into small braids to pull the top half of my hair back and out of my face. I don't like a lot of dresses, but, the red dress that hung from my body was something that I actually enjoyed. Ramsey really knows me.

"Ramsey.." He smiled behind me and placed a final bobby pin in my hair.

"You don't need to thank me," He said and grabbed my elbow to turn me around. "This is all you honey." He spun me around and I smiled. "Let me go get you your shoes." I nodded and turned back around. The dress wasn't too tight where I couldn't breathe, but it was tight in the right places.

Ramsey helped me out of the room once I put on the very high heels he brought me. I held onto his arm as we walked to the elevator. I picked at the skin around my nails nervously as the doors opened.

"We're a little late, so that'll earn you a bitching from Enobaria," Ramsey said glancing at his watch.

"Nothing I'm not used to."

The doors opened and Enobaria sighed. Everyone popped up from their seats and I made eye contact. My eyes rolled down his body as he was wearing his black suit with red accents that matched my dress. I watched him lick his lips as he was doing the same thing to me.

"That dress," He whispered in my ear. "Needs to come off later."

"We'll see," I said confidently. He looked taken back as I glanced back at him. "I have a feeling I'll have a lot of calls after I go out on stage." It's all about the game with Cato. He grabbed my waist before pushing me against the wall. He looked at Enobaria and the rest of them to make sure they kept walking.

"Don't you dare tease me like that Kat," He warned angrily. I smirked. It's not like me to act like this, at all.

"I thought you liked me like this," I said and brushed my hand down the side of his face. He grabbed my hand and pulled it down from his face in a frustrated manner. He put his hand on the other side of my head so he was leaning against the wall.

"You don't want to play this game with me Kat," He told me. I smirked.

"Why not?" I grabbed his chin. I pulled his lips a little closer to mine and let them hover them there for a second.

"Because I'll win." I rolled my eyes in response.

"Not everything has to be a game," I said looking directly into his icy blue eyes.

Someone cleared their throat. I pushed Cato away from me and saw Brutus staring at the two of us. My cheeks flushed red as I walked away from Cato. He stared at me as I walked by.