Chapter 13

Don't pretend like you care about me, you dangle her in front of me like she's food

_______________________

"Bro, what the hell is that."

All of our attention went towards thick dark smoke in the sky. I followed the trail of smoke down and saw a huge forest fire had formed. So huge that if we were caught up in it, we would all die. All I could see for meters was orange.

Were they going to light the whole damn arena on fire?

I immediately grabbed a bag and started shoving everything around me in it. Peeta did the same — I'm glad someone else has a brain in this group. I looked at Cato and he still continued to stare at the fire.

"Are you idiots done staring? Pack a fucking bag!" I shouted. They all looked looked flustered as they turned around to find a bag.

"Get ready to run," I heard Cato say. I didn't even think about that. I'm not as fast as the others right now. I looked at him with concern and I watched him run a hand through his hair. He must've realized then too that I was in the process of healing. I heard him mumble 'fuck'.

"I'll carry you Kat," Marvel offered kindly. Cato scoffed.

"Over my dead body you will."

"I can walk on my own," I stated. They both ignored me.

"Don't argue with me it'll only slow us down. I can carry her," Marvel said.

"Do you think you're fucking Prince Charming or something?" Marvel rolled his eyes, but reached out to grab my wrists. "Fuck off. I can do it."

"You weren't so concerned about her when you were cuddled up with Glimmer last night," Marvel snapped. He had a point. But Cato got pissed anyway. He doesn't like the truth usually, or what people have to say if it's not the same as his opinion.

"Fuck off Marvel. What I do doesn't concern you," Cato spat. Marvel glared at him.

"If you would stop playing around-"

"Would you guys shut up!" I shouted. "We're all going to die if you two don't stop fighting!"

"Fuck this," I heard the blonde mutter before he grabbed my arm and positioned me behind him. He bent down and I jumped on his back. I carried his bag on my arm and mine on my back.

"Wait!" Glimmer shouted. We all turned around. "It's gone." Cato turned towards the tree's that were just on fire three minutes ago. And there was nothing. She was right, the fire was gone.

"What the fuck," Cato said and put me back down.

While everyone was focused on the tree's across the sea of water, I looked around us. I held onto Cato's arm as I turned the opposite direction. If the capital would create a huge forest fire to burn tributes alive then I'm sure they have other tricks up their sleeve too. I feel like someone was watching us.