❧𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐬

So I have nyctophobia and this is based off of my experiences. The ending seems kinda rushed so sorry about that. 

((Y/n)'s p.o.v.)

The strong feeling of dread was spreading through my entire body. My heart was racing and I felt the sudden urge to run. I tried to calm myself down but I kept seeing things move from the corner of my eye only making me panic a bit more. I just wanted to get a snack so why did my phobia have to kick in now?

I was at the retreat Diavolo was holding for all the exchange students and I got a sudden urge to snack on something. I felt nervous to take food from Lord Diavolo's kitchen but I couldn't stop my stomach from rumbling. The entire mansion was covered in a thick layer of darkness and that didn't do well for my mind. 

I have nyctophobia. I know a fear of the dark, isn't that what little kids grow out of? Well in my case it isn't just a fear, it was a phobia. I know my fear was irrational but I couldn't stop it from coming. 

I was currently shining my D.D.D.'s flashlight as I walked through the halls. I was hunched over hiding myself as much as possible. I walked as fast as possible to the direction of the kitchen not wanting to spend anymore time in the dark creepy hallways. I thought of everything that could possibly be watching me, wanting to kill me, NO I can't think those things. I'm just freaking myself out. I felt the sudden need to run, I need to be in a room full of light, nothing can get me if I'm in light. 

I started to run, imagining all the things that could be chasing me at the moment. I finally reached the kitchen out of breath and turned the lights on as fast as I could. I leaned on the counter catching my breath, also calming myself down. I felt my heartbeat calm down and I was able to breath normally. 

I grabbed a glass and poured myself some water to soothe my throat that felt like it was burning. I really need to get more athletic. Just as I was about to open a cabinet to look for something small to eat I heard a noise behind me. All the panic that was gone rushed through my body again. I quickly turned my head around, fear clear on my face only to see Barbatos. I let out a shaky breath putting a hand over my chest. 

"Y-you scared me," I said out loud starting the conversation. 

"I'm sorry," He spoke giving me a gentle smile. "I couldn't help but notice that you seemed quite frantic, is something the matter?" He asked tilting his head slightly, his dark green hair falling with his movements.

"I was just going to get a snack," I smiled sheepishly.

"I understand you humans are fickle but please refrain from coming into the kitchen," Barbatos said staring me down, I felt myself shudder. "I also know that wasn't the reason why you ran into the kitchen."

"Did I wake you?" I asked in concern. He just shook his head, waiting for an explanation. I looked down in shame, I hate the fact that I was terrified of absolutely nothing. "I...I have nyctophobia," I whispered with a slight frown. 

"I see," I heard him mumble under his breath. He walked around gathering materials for what seemed to be a grilled cheese sandwich, an easy to make human delicacy that is delicious. He finished and handed me the finished product. 

"Thank you Barbatos, I'm sorry you had to do that for me," I apologized as I started to eat. 

He only smiled at me and responded, "Don't apologize, it was my pleasure." I felt a bit flustered after he said that not knowing how to respond. When I finished I felt that familiar dread as I realized I'd have to walk back to my shared room in the dark. I didn't even notice Barbatos clean my plate as I could only stare into the dark abyss that's called a hallway. He put his hand on my shoulder and I flinched. 

"I should go to sleep now," I said walking towards the terrifying hallway. 

"Come with me if you will," He offered holding out his hand towards me. I felt myself fluster once again as I hesitantly grabbed his hand. He walked me somewhere that I haven't been before. It was completely dark where we were but I felt calm with Barbatos next to me, I felt protected like nothing could harm me. He opened a door revealing a bedroom that I could only assume was his. 

"I heard that humans feel calmer if they are with someone they trust," He explained leading me towards his bed. 

"A-are you offering that we cuddle?" I stuttered out with wide eyes. 

"Only if that makes you more comfortable," Barbatos replied. I nodded slightly going to lay down on the nice looking bed. I felt a sudden wave of exhaustion hit me like a truck. I laid down getting under the blankets, it was warm, I was full, nothing could make this any better. 

Wait, I was wrong. Barbatos joined me and wrapped an arm around my waist. I turned around to nuzzle my face into his neck. I also wrapped my arm around his waist and I felt myself fall asleep. All my worries and fears vanished and I slowly fell into a deep slumber.

I didn't even think about how worried Simeon and Asmodeus would be tomorrow when they notice my absence. 

ლლლ

[Word count: 930]

[Published June 27, 2020]

𝒩𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓈 𝒮𝒾𝓂𝑒𝑜𝓃~