❧𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧

I used a Tumblr prompt for this one btw, here's the link, www.instagram.com/_writing_ideas_/

((Y/n)'s p.o.v.)

I was feeling a bit down lately. I had no reason to feel bad which somehow made me feel worse. I wasn't complaining about where I am, in fact I'm grateful. Who wouldn't love having amazing friends and a wonderful boyfriend? 

Well that was kinda my problem. I felt like I don't deserve any of this. My boyfriend was a freaking ANGEL! He was literally perfect, and he loves ME! I'm just a lowly scummy human, how does he even love me? 

I was moping about this in my room listening to music trying to cheer myself up. I was staring out my window looking at the wildlife in the bleak world of Devildom. No sun probably wasn't helping my mood, I missed the warm feeling of sunlight hitting my skin. It is scientifically proven that sunlight makes a human more happy and that's why people get more depressed in winter. I think I'm experiencing S.A.D.

I let out a sigh, a huge frown on my face. I've sinned and I'm not the prettiest. Simeon deserves an angel girlfriend. What if I'm corrupting him and he's forced to fall from the heavens? I would feel even more guilty cause it would be my fault. 

Closing my eyes I tried to just focus on the lyrics of the song. Simeon loves me for a reason, I can't stop his feelings. I don't want him to stop loving me, no that's a selfish thought. I clenched my hands in frustration, why must these thoughts pester me? Why can't I just enjoy something good for once? 

*𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜*

I looked at my D.D.D. to see I got a message from Simeon. 

Angel: I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date?

(Y/n): Of course, when and where?

Angel: Today if that's alright, I was thinking we could head to Hell's Kitchen.

(Y/n): I'll be ready in a few! Can't wait <3

Angel: I'll be there soon love <3

I stood up, hopefully this will clear my head. I looked around my closet trying to find a suitable outfit to wear. I wanted to doll myself up for Simeon, I want to make him not regret being with me. Ah I know he would never feel that way, he's too nice. I chose to wear a black high waisted skirt and a black shirt with a cat print on the front. I put on tights under the skirt and went to the living room to wait. I fidgeted with the hem of my skirt as I kept glancing at my D.D.D. I then got a text from Simeon saying he was outside. 

I was almost out of the door completely before I was stopped by Satan. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked raising an eyebrow in amusement. 

"I'm heading out with Simeon," I replied with a slight blush as Satan chuckled. I glanced out to see Simeon looking at me with a smile and I smiled back.

"Just make sure to come back before curfew," Satan said giving me a small wave.

"Will do," With that I left the house with no more interruptions. I stood in front of Simeon and spoke up, "Shall we go?"

"We shall," Simeon replied holding his arm out for me to hold onto. I linked my arm with his and we made our way to Hell's Kitchen for a dinner date. We had small talk but I could tell that something was on his mind. We ordered some food and we took a seat. I looked over him and thought about how perfect he looked in any situation. 

"Simeon is something wrong?" I asked out with concern. 

"Table 20?" A waiter asked before Simeon could answer me. 

"Ah yes that's us!" Simeon smiled brightly as the waiter set the tray on the table then left. 

I looked at him expectantly as we each grabbed our food and started eating. 

"This tastes amazing!" He exclaimed. I couldn't tell if he was changing the subject or if he forgot about what I asked. 

"Yes it is exceptionally good," I replied. "But are you alright?" 

"I'm fine (n/n)! Why wouldn't I be?" Simeon asked looking confused. 

"Well you just..." I trailed off thinking how to rephrase my sentence. "It seemed like something was on your mind but maybe it was just my imagination." 

It was silent for a bit as we continued eating and once again he seemed lost in thought. Okay so it definitely isn't my imagination. I couldn't stop myself from worrying about what he was possibly thinking. Was he thinking of ways to break up with me without hurting me? I knew it was only a matter of time but it felt way too soon. He caught me hook line and sinker and I don't want to let go. I felt my worries start to pile up before Simeon broke the silence. 

"Are you okay (y/n)?" He asked. I looked up into his teal eyes that shone with curiosity, love, and worry. 

"I'm fine, why?" I asked tilting my head in confusion. 

"W-well, I got a text from Asmodeus that you seemed down lately," Simeon explained making me feel a sudden wave of panic flow through me. Am I making him worry? Was I so obvious that everyone noticed? "I just want to know what's going on, you can tell me you know." 

I stared at Simeon, my mind was reeling. What should I do? Should I tell him? Or should I just brush it off? If I brush it off Simeon might worry even more though and I don't want that! But if I tell him maybe he'll actually leave me. My mind went blank as I felt him rest his hand on top of mine on the table. He was looking at me with sad eyes and I knew what I should do.

I stood up holding Simeon's hand in mine. He stood up with me and we left the restaurant. "Let's go somewhere more private," I spoke up as we walked down the street. He guided me to the Hall of Purgatory and we went to his room right away. We both sat down on his bed.

"I feel like I don't do enough for you," I mumbled looking down at my hands which laid in my lap. "You deserve so much more."

Simeon stared at me in shock and he seemed confused. It took him a few minutes to think of a response as he seemed to not understand what I said. Jeeze now I felt like an idiot. 

"I don't care if I deserve more or not. I don't need all the extra stuff, and I don't need you to go out of your way," He said placing a hand on my shoulder. I felt so confused and loved.

"What do you need then?" I asked, wanting to prove how much he means to me.

"A hug," Simeon said with the most pure look ever. I flustered as I wrapped my arms around his back. He returned the embrace by wrapping his arms around my waist squeezing me slightly. He nuzzled his face into my neck as I giggled slightly. I was so happy and so loved that I couldn't stop the giant smile that graced my lips, and frankly I didn't want to stop. I reveled in this feeling, of how much we cared about each other.

ლლლ

[Word count: 1,237]

[Published July 1, 2020]

𝒩𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓈 𝐿𝑒𝓋𝒾𝒶𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃~