Victim's Return

A quick story about the stick figure that got all this started, and is too often forgotten.

_______________________________________

I honestly have no idea how I survived. Fighting the animator was tough. Getting duplicates was a smart idea at the time, however it led to the deletion of my file. Looking around, all I could see was black.

The next few months, I spent fighting to leave the darkness. Somehow, I got out; finding myself floating inside the wifi. After some research, I started checking on my creator. I never showed myself, that would end badly. I witnessed the creation of The Chosen One. I almost stepped in. Unfortunately, I am a coward.

When The Dark Lord and The Chosen One destroyed the computer, I barely was able to get out in time. I kept an eye on those two in addition to the creator. None of them could be trusted. The Second Coming came. To my surprise, the creator changed his mind. He kept surprising me; being nice to The Second Coming.

It has been over 13 years since my creation. Only the creator knows of my existence, and he believes me to be dead. I can see he has changed. He was a kid when he created me, so it makes sense his viewpoint would change so drastically.

Hiding in the shadows of the screen, I watch The Second Coming help the creator with an animation. As much as I want to come out of the shadows, I can't.

After a while, The Second Coming left to the other computer. I didn't care why. Only that it meant the creator would be alone. Taking a breath, I step into the light. The creator hardly paid any attention to me. Maybe he thought I was The Chosen One. We do look identical.

"You don't usually come over to this computer. What's the special occasion?" the creator typed out. I simply shake my head. Unlike The Chosen One or The Second Coming, I had no speaking abilities.

"Back to not taking" the creator typed out. He looked a little down. Again, I shake my head. Jumping down, I open some random document and gather the letters I needed.

"Victim" I spelled out on the document. Looking up, I see him gasp in surprise.

"How are you still alive? I thought I deleted you," he typed out. I shrug in response. "I'm sorry," he started typing out before I shook my head to get his attention. I went up the document to gather more letters.

"I don't blame you, forgive you." I spelled out below his apology. Looking up, I almost smirk at his tears. He looked surprised I would forgive him, then again The Chosen One didn't forgive him.

"Will you stay?" He typed out slowly. I shake my head before gathering more letters.

"Always here, just in shadows" I spell out for him. He smiles at my response. Before he could respond, I exit out of the document and go back to the shadows. Maybe one day, I'll talk to the other stick figures, but at least Alan Becker will no longer blame himself for my almost-deletion. For some reason, I care too much about that idiot. He is my creator after all.