Cheering Up

Green's POV

____________________

"Okay everyone, we have a mission! For the last week, Chosen has been sulking, causing Second and Purple to also sulk! We are going to cheer Second and Purple up!" I announced to my fellow stick figure friends.

"And what does this have to do with me?" Dark asked threateningly.

"Because they are our friends," I told him angrily. He was the reason we were even in this position in the first place.

"What's the plan?" Blue asked with enthusiasm.

"A singing competition!" I cheer. After a few seconds, the others shrugged and clapped at the idea. It took seconds for me to build the stage while the others dragged Second and Purple over.

"Why did you drag us over here?" Purple asked darkly. Flinching at his tone, I gesture to the stage.

"We are having a singing competition to cheer you up! You guys are the judges!" I excitedly tell them. Second looks down while Purple looks resigned. They didn't argue, but I could see they wanted too.

Getting up to the stage, I place some note blocks down to play along with Blue's song. Using sticks to play, I start the music while he got ready to sing.

Trees, trees, trees!

I'm loving the trees!

Trees!

They are the reason we can breathe!

You may not know but in theory

that they can talk and smell and scream!

Oh, ultrasonically

Roots!

Thorugh fungal networks signals shoot!

The chemicals relay the news

of who is sick and who needs food!

Leaves!

Absorbing CO2 released

plus water and sun's energy

create the oxygen we need

but we know most importantly

that they are so frickin' pretty!

Trees can count like you and me

Trees pass memories to seed

Trees can feel pain

Trees warn friends with ethylene

Trees can help your arteries

Trees with elasticity

Trees increase immunity

Trees and lung capacity

Trees!

Our climate crisis is in need

of you to save humanity!

That's why we can't ignore the trees!

"Hashtag Teamtrees!" Blue yelled as he ran off the stage. I shook my head at his song. Team trees was almost a year ago. Second looked up at least, but no reaction from Purple. ( Standing up, I push a lever to start the note blocks under the stage Yellow helped me set up before.