chapter two - see you around

❗️T.W. Bullying❗️

June 7, 1989

Your eyes were glued determinedly to the clock as the second hand ticked slowly, the end of the last day of school tantalizingly close.  Your teacher, Mr. Aleern, seemed to be talking unusually slow, delaying the end of your hellish school year even more.  You brought your eyes back down from the clock, turning to face your teacher and shooting him a pointed glare, only dropping your face back to a neutral expression when he turned to address your side of the room.   Your eyes glazed over as you shifted your focus back to the clock, as you were sure every other kid in the room was doing as well.  You broke out of your trance only to share a quick glance with Stanley Uris, your best friend since childhood.  He and you had always been very akin to one another, sharing the same sarcastic personality, many of the same hobbies, and above all else, a mutual love-hate relationship with your ever so wonderful brother.  After Stan returned your gaze, confirming he was just as anxious for the end of the school day to come as you were, you once again looked to the clock, as the ticking of the second hand grew louder and harder to ignore each time it ticked closer to Summer.  3, you watched as it made its ascent towards the three o'clock mark on the face of the clock.  2, your fingers squirmed, grasping the cool wood of your desk in firm anticipation.  1, you became aware of the whispers of excitement around you. One more second, come on and... *ring* the bell rung out across the classroom, accompanied by the feral screaming of your peers and the pleading of your teacher to "please be civil." Disregarding his request, you grabbed your book bag rather hastily, making your way over to Stan, who was seated on the other side of the classroom.  You stood impatiently by his desk as he took the time to carefully place his supplies into his own backpack, making sure not a paper was out of place.  

"Come on Stanny," you called out, using his nickname which you knew he hated. "School's out for Summer! Let's go!" You practically wailed out the last part.  

"Goodness, fine y/n," he said, exasperated, as he straightened his collar and flung his bag over his shoulders.  "Alright, let's go then."  A smile made its way onto your face as you led the way out of the math room.  You two strolled down the hallway, being careful to avoid bumping into anyone and causing any unnecessary conflict.  Fuck, it was the last day of school.  Trouble was the last thing you needed.  But, being in the self-proclaimed "Loser's Club" meant trouble usually found its way to you anyways.  As you made your way through the crowded hallway, you spotted the heads of the rest of the club- Bill's tidy auburn hair, next to Richie's thick unruly mass of black, Eddie's head of cropped brown hair further contrasting against the others' as well. As you and Stan made your way confidently towards the others, your eyes caught on the fiery red ponytail belonging to none other than Beverly Marsh, your closest girl friend.  

"Shit!" You said, perhaps a little louder than you had intended to.  Stan glanced at you, a questioning look on his face.  "Sorry Stan," you turned to him, "I promised Bev I would meet her in the bathroom.  You alright if I meet up with you in a few minutes?" 

"Sure," Stan said. "Front of the school, same as usual n/n." You nodded your head in response, turning back away from him and heading back the way you came, into the girl's restroom.  You caught Beverly just as she was walking into her usual stall, presumably for a smoke, and grabbed her arm.  You noticed she flinched a bit, but relaxed when she turned around and met your eyes with her own brilliant blue ones.  

"Hey n/n!" She said, excitement evident in her voice. 

"Hey Bev!  Excited about Summer?"  She nodded, her movements almost exaggerated.  

"Oh," she said holding her finger up and reaching into her bag.  "Up for a smoke n/n?" 

You contemplated it for a second, worried about breaking school rules.  But fuck, what were they going to do? Give you detention for the start of next year? You made your decision, nodding your head and outstretching your hand as she lit a cigarette and passed it to you.  

"I'm just gonna.." she trailed off as you nodded, understanding what she meant.  

"Yeah, go ahead Bevvie." She smiled ruefully, making her way into her stall.  After she had locked it, you leaned against the stall directly next to the one that she was in, taking a long drag of the cancer stick that was perched between your fingers, closing your eyes as you exhaled.  Suddenly, the door of the restroom flung open, slamming against the wall as you heard three sets of footsteps moving towards you.  'Shit,' you thought, your eyes widening as none other than Greta Keene emerged from the doorway, along with her little posse of girls.  

"Jesus fuck, do my eyes deceive me, or is that you Toz-whore?" Her friends giggled cruelly at the foul nickname she had given you.  

"C'mon Greta," you said, trying to sound strong but instead coming off as nervous and pleading. "Leave us- me the fuck alone.  It's the last day of school." Halfway through your sentence, you had realized your mistake, and hoped to God she hadn't as well.  But unfortunately, she had.

"Us?" She cooed, suddenly slamming you against the wall you were previously leaning on.  "Us meaning you and that little club of losers that I'm sure you're just itching to fuck, or you and that slut Beaverly." You scrunched your nose at her in defiance as she took the cigarette from your fingers, putting it out on the wall above you so that the ashes would fall into your previously clean hair.  "Well come on, answer me you little shit!" She cried out, with a little more force this time.  

"Jesus Greta, make up your mind, is she a whore, or is she a little shit?" Beverly came to your rescue, her voice resounding through the filthy washroom.  Greta released her grip on you, tossing your cigarette onto the floor.  

"God Beaverly, now you can talk?  Too busy fucking half the guys in the school to speak up before?" Beverly groaned in response, most likely tired of her relentless repetition of the same dry insults.  Greta turned her head to her friends, nodding as a mischievous smirk appeared on her face.  Before you had time to react, one of the members of her little squad made their way towards you, shoving you into the stall behind you and pressing her body against the door, making sure that you wouldn't be able to get out.  You jumped as you heard the faucet turn on, your stomach lurching as you heard the sound of water splashing around inside of a bag, a sound you knew far too well.  Your breathing quickened as you heard her friend make her way to Beverly's stall, the sound of water falling soon filling the silence of the bathroom.  You watched as the murky water made its way into your stall, climbing onto the toilet to avoid contact with it.  "Have a great summer, Beaverly.  You too, Toz-whore," she called out as she left the bathroom, her giggles bouncing off of the walls.  You burst through your stall door, watching as Beverly carefully opened her stall up as well.  She herself was dry, but her bag looked as though it was soaked all the way through.

"Shit," she muttered.

"Aw geez Bev, I'm real sorry.  They're just a bunch of lowlife pricks, y'know."  You reassured her as you brushed the ash out of your hair.  "Anyways," you looked at her. "Thanks for sticking up for me.  I've never been too good at that." You finished your sentence with a light chuckle.  

"Of course n/n.  I mean, if we're being real, you're honestly like my only real friend, so of course I would do that for you.  You would do the same for me too, I'm sure."

"Yup," you responded gleefully, grateful for the change in mood that had occurred after Greta left the washroom.  "Us girls gotta stick together, y'know?"  She giggled at your overly cliche line.

"Yeah, I suppose so." She smiled through her words as you two made your way into the hallway.  

"Shit, I promised Stan I would meet him at the front of the school, I-I gotta go Bevvie," you said.  "Wanna come with?" 

"No, sorry n/n, my bike's out the back entrance.  But I'll see you around, okay n/n?"

"Yeah," you said, excited at the prospect of seeing Beverly more over the summer. "See you around." And with that, you began your journey through the now clear halls to the front entrance of the school.

Word Count - 1580

Yay! We've reached the beginning of the canonical plot line! Can I get a yeehaw?! Okay, I'll go now. Also, make sure to vote if you liked this chapter luvs.  Also, if u read all the way down here (first of all, thank you) and second of all, who is your favorite character in It? Alright, answer if you want lovelies.  Bye 4 now!

xx, ur actual mom