I - A Condition

Scylla

Anacostia freed me that day. She unchained me from that chair. She was frantic and full of pity. Her actions raised a lot of questions but I had no time. I'm so thankful she ever did this stupid idea.

After she unlocked the shackles that bound me, I immediately stood up and knocked her out. Exiting the dark room in some necro facility, I took Anacostia's idenity and fled. Away from Fort Salem, away from her. But then again I needed to quench this thirst. I needed to avenge and correct the questionable acts this system had made. I am no longer their slave and so should my sisters and their daughters and their daughter's daughters.

I made my way back to the Spree headquarters. I'm not expecting some grand welcome back party but rather the opposite. They could kill me for being a liability after what happened to the Baylord Auto. But I'm confident enough to earn their trusts back.

As soon as I stepped over Spree territory, guns and knives greeted me. I heard seeds that made a witch's windstrike ineffective. Fear and anxiety slowly creeped into my body. I need to be strong.

"Give me one good reason why I don't want to kill you right now", the sprees who pointed their weapons began to talk in chorus, all of them referring to themselves in the first person, as if a single person had puppetted them.

"I may have failed my mission to bring Raelle and they may have held me as a prisoner, but I came with a compensation to all my faults. I have a link to Anacostia Quatermaine's mind. She's a close adviser to the general herself. With this, we can be one-hell, ten steps ahead than the army."

"Well then, you may be of use after all" the sprees replied in chorus.

"I do have a condition..."

"You are not in a position to be making reque-"

"I want Raelle Collar to be part of the Spree. Do not harm or kill her. She is a powerful witch and we can use her to our advantage. Maybe that's the reason why you want me to bring her to you. I am certain that I can convince her."

"And why is that?"

"Because I love her, and she loves me. Atleast, I'm somehow sure of that."

"Very well then, before granting your wishes, we must first discuss it. In the mean time, welcome back Scylla. Your services are deeply appreciated."

I let out a sigh of relief. Together with the spree, we all chanted, "We are the Spree."