A Moff?

Thorne came too in a cold metal room. His body ached from the random position he’d been laid on the solid metal bank that was meant to be a bed. A pneumatic door closed and he realised he was not alone in the room. Three disciplined minds were watching him. He didn’t move although his body screamed for it, the cramping muscles and stemmed blood flow forcing him to.

                “We know you’re awake. Come and have a seat, we have much to discuss.” A cool calm voice said. Thorne moved slowly, he felt air on his face and hand, he’d have to be careful what he touched, he could already feel the lingering fear from the metal bed.  He rolled over and his boots struck the floor, glancing down he realised they hadn’t taken his laces, ‘that’s considerate’ he thought. The room he as in, was a cell, defiantly a cell from the small interior, lack of furnishings and no windows. Opposite the bed was the door with two white armoured men standing either side watching him. Their helmets and the armour Thorne had never seen before, the field of vision on the helmet looked very restrictive especially with the enlarged low half, Thorne thought was the respirator functions. The lens of the helmets were completely black, there was no way to see the man behind. They both carried a compact rifle, another design he’d never seen but being so compact Thorne assumed it was a carbine version and this must be on a vessel where space was a premium. Between him and the guards was a man dressed in a grey uniform with a series of red, blue and yellow bars on his left breast dictating a rank, but Thorne had no idea how to interpret.

                “My name is Grand Moff Tarkin, but I believe you already know that.” The older man said, cold blue eyes staring at him, judging him he realised. Thorne stepped forward and looked at the grey hair and high forehead, the man’s posture was perfect.

                “I have no idea where I am, let alone who you are.” Thorne replied honestly.

                “The coincidental timing of your arrival, the mix of high and low technology in your equipment, and that you had the remnants of a locally produced substance on your attire. I have no option to think you are part of the Rebellion against the Galactic Empire.” Tarkin continued

                “The Galactic what? We’re from Earth, we’re in the middle of a war with the arachnid threat and destroying their Faster Than Light Device we ended up here. What were you working on?” Thorne asked, his temper was raising but he knew he had to keep his cool.

                “That is not of any importance at the moment. What is of importance is that you respond to my questions honestly. Firstly it was obvious you were in charge of the unit so please, what is your name and rank?” Tarkin asked

                “Major Alvin Thorne, Military Intelligence, Terran federation.” Thorne replied

                “I asked you to answer honestly.” Tarkin replied

                “I did, what was the project you were working on and I might be able to shed some light on how we got here.” Thorne replied, he started testing his psychic powers on Tarkin but his mind was well trained and disciplined.

                “There’s no use trying to pry” Tarkin said tapping his head “Jedi were unable so I don’t think you will be”

                “Sir, as I believe you have a military rank. I have not lied to you. If you do not wish to explain the project to me ask my trooper Luk what we were doing, he’s the easiest spot being the largest, he was also the trooper with the most science background, he might be able to explain how we got here” Thorne tried a different tack if he was not going to be talked to.