Hope, but with a high prize

Overview:

Now, what was it like? I've already asked myself... What was it like to pass the corrupted portal, with which Serpine and Mevolent entered our Dimension in the Role-play.  Two weeks before Detoxia and Athena have met Serpine.

He said the portal itself, the passing was deathly,' it almost killed him' according to his own saying.
It killed Mevolents soldiers, though did he never mention anything from his, Resistance..

..
.

'Always remember, no matter what will happen, how dark the times might come, we will always be together, maybe not physically, but... ' he motioned to his heart, as he put his right hand onto its beating spot '.. always in our heart.... I love you, all of you and I'm so happy, to have gotten the honor to meet you!' the Resistance leader spoke, clothed in a long, brown yarn-coat, as he looked proudly... Smiling...at his remaining warriors.
Seconds, before they had taken each other hands and  stepped through... - away from the cracked old stone signing their once beautiful, destroyed home.

..
.

It was too much for him - the pressure, it was tearing him apart. His lungs wanted to scream, yet wouldn't form a single sound.

What did Mevolent do!!?

His mind was racing, as he watched his life fly by, like the bright, confusing light he watched with his shimmering green eyes. Whilst the Leader desperately searched with his aching vision in its blinding brightness for his family - his only friends - his team.

Persons, he had still seen only seconds ago, as they passed together, hand in hand, the flickering glass of the portal in their devasted city.

Desperately and panicky searching them all around him, yet he was alone, they were gone, and all that still surrounded him, was nothing more, but whiteness - a blank void--, as he got catapulted into the other Dimension..

Like planned!

But something was wrong!?

The portal was tearing him apart, ripping apart his very insides, trying to put his organs inside out, and everything he could do was writhe in its agonizing pain, curl into a ball and want to scream - opening his mouth, only for the sounds to get stuck in his throat.

Powers, Abilities, Pain he, until now only ever knew the man with the golden eyes to possess - his best friend all those many decades ago.

As he moved further and further through the rift, accompanied by yet again, a continuous whiteness, entirely surrounding him.

Exactly like his terrific, deathly powers, if it hadn't been for the portal to even take away the air, his lungs so greatly needed. As even the non-existent air got stuck in his throat, when he opened his exhausted mouth to inhale its calming coldness.

But it wasn't there.. The air he just breathe seconds ago. Was GONE! And a sudden, but instant panic rose up in him, as his watery eyes shot open, along his gagging mouth.

His gloved hands suddenly moving to his throat - tied up by strings out of pure matter...- Tightening, as tears quelled up inside his blurring orbs.

Please..let me out!!!

Make it stop!!

Squeezing them together, as more and more pain overcame his slowly numbing body and the twisting whiteness began to make him feel dizzy