Chapter 18

[Serenity]

My head felt dizzy. I couldn't think about anything other than Kevin.

"Sweetie do you feel pain?" she asked me as we entered the emergency room.

"My head hurts a little bit. I'm okay but please help Kevin. Ms. he got all the impact," I explained to her and she held my hand.

"Everyone listens this patient needs to be the top priority," Calum yelled.

He rushed over to me quickly.

"Listen you're in good hands but Kevin needs me more. I'm gonna do everything I can do to help your boy," he smiled before rushing off.

I was left with the lady and cops joined us.

"Once her examination is done then you can speak with her," the lady spoke towards the cops.

"Alright Serenity, I'm Liv. I'm going to do some check-ups to make sure you're okay. It's probably a minor concussion but I have to be sure," she smiled.

She did a few tests and gave me painkillers. She cleaned up my cuts.

"Is this your blood or his?" she questioned.

"H-his," I spoke my voice cracking.

"Oh come here baby," she said embracing me into her hold.

Her embrace was welcoming. I cried into her shoulder and she rubbed my back the entire time.

"Where is she?" I heard Mikey call out.

"I'm so sorry Reny," Mikey said once he saw me.

He grabbed me and held me tight.

A whine let out and I swear a piece of my heart broke.

"Mikey that's Kevin oh my god," I cried.

Ashton ran to see how Calum was doing with Kevin.

"Baby I'm sorry you gotta go through this but the sooner you answer their questions that easier," Liv said referring to the police.

I nodded and Mikey and Luke stood on either side of me.

"We're going to ask you a few questions," one guy said and I nodded.

"Were you both wearing seatbelts?"

"Yes,"

"Was the light green?"

"Yes,"

"Who owns the car?"

"Kevin, the driver,"

"Did the other car crash into you or did your car crash into them?

"We were hit,"

"Then why was the car facing the direction it was when we got there?"

"He saw the car was coming towards the front so he swerved the car so only he got the impact," I answered as a tear fell.

"Any more questions officer?" Mikey asked annoyed.

"That will be it. We have to look at tapes but other than that have a nice night," they said walking off.

"Assholes," I muttered.

Calum then rushed over in tears.

"Serenity princess go say your goodbyes. If we do anything else it'll be worse. I'm sorry but I tried but very hardest," Cal explained

"Where is he?" I whispered.

He brought me to where he was. He was barely up. I walked over to him and grabbed his hand.

"They gave me the good shit," he mumbled with a smile.

"I'm so sorry Kev. Thank you," I cried.

"For what?" he asked. His voice was dry.

"You saved me,"

"Baby I told you that I'd always protect you. Yeah, I'm dying. Something about head trauma but it was for you. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I love you more than life itself Serenity Hemmings. You gave me the life I've always wanted. You loved me in a way never before. You allowed me to be with the love of my life. So thank you," he spoke slowly as he rubbed my hand.

"Please don't go," I whispered.

"If I didn't have to I wouldn't," he said as a tear fell.

"Thank you for being my everything Kev. I loved you more than I ever thought I could love someone. You taught me what it felt like to truly be loved by someone. I'll always love you, Kevin Ortiz," I smiled through my tears.

"Baby live your life. Be happy to find someone that makes you happy. I'll be there every step of the way. I'm okay knowing I died for you Reny I love you," he said as he cried.

"I'm sorry you have to die for me," I joked making him laugh.

"Don't be sorry, you were worth it," he smiled weakly.

The monitor flatlined. That very second a piece of me died.