Chapter 21 - A Tragic Discovery

The Jade creature was transported to the supposed location of the hostages, he was sent alone since there weren't many identified terrorists in the area, so the Jade creature could easily have done it himself.

"Good luck on your mission sir." The soldier said to the Jade creature.

"Thank you." The Jade creature thanked, and walked off into the now desert land.

And within a few hours of walking in the given direction, he started to hear gunshots. And this time it was different, the Jade creature saw something that made him very confused as to what was going on.

He saw the terrorists, and the hostage, but they were standing on a symbol on the ground. And that symbol was no short of familiar to the Jade creature. The symbol they were standing on, was on the Jade creatures arm, it was one of the patterns that appeared on him when he was in his Jade form. This sent a shiver down the Jade creatures spine.

"What does this mean?" The Jade creature asked himself, knowing that this wasn't just a coincidence. However he put it aside for now, as he had to save the hostages before they were killed.

He ran up to one of the terrorists and they started shooting, to no avail as the bullets had no effect on the Jade creature, and the Jade creature punched the terrorist in the face as hard as he could, mutilating his face and killing him on the spot. Then the other terrorists started shooting, the Jade creature counted 6 of them, and jumped at the first one he saw, he crushed his head with his bare hands. Moved onto the next one hitting him in the stomach and throwing him to the next terrorist knocking him out. He walked up to the last 2 terrorist, picked them up by the skulls and smashed them together, killing them both.

The Jade creature then freed the hostages and moved them aside, he wanted to know why a symbol that was on his arm was on the ground several thousand years after he gained his powers.

"How did this appear here, these symbols are older than me." The Jade creature questioned, still clueless as to why it was there. The hostages then questioned his motive.

"Excuse me sir, what are you doing." One of the frightened hostages asked, with his voice trembling as he spoke.

"This symbol you see here, it is on my arm." He showed the hostage his arm. "However I am thousands of years old, and this symbol has been on my arm since I got my powers." The Jade creature explained, but the hostage thought otherwise.

"What symbol?" The hostage asked with a confused tone.

"The symbol on the fl...." the Jade creature tried to explain before turning around to see that the symbol had disappeared, and was nowhere to be seen.

"No, NO NO NO, what does this mean!?" The Jade creature yelled in anger, now fearing that something was going to happen, the symbol couldn't have just been there for the sake of it.

The Jade creature put it aside for now and took the hostages all the way back to the soldiers transport, the hostages got in the vehicle and the Jade creature started to walk away.

"Aren't you going to come with us sir?" The soldier asked.

"No, I saw something in the desert and I need to find out what it was, I'm going to explore the surrounding area to see if there is anything out of the ordinary." The Jade creature explained.

"Very well sir, when your done just come back to this place, there will eventually be a vehicle to take you back." The solider said, wishing good luck to the Jade creature on his quest. And the Jade creature walked back into the desert.

Could this be a sign of something else.......