Chapter 20

For an hour after they'd confessed their feelings for each other, Andrew and Scarlett were in pure bliss. For two people who had essentially met and jumped into bed together within a 30 minute span, they acted like two teenagers in the throes of puppy love as they sat together on her couch, kissing, cuddling and gushing to each other. Andrew held Scarlett in his arms, peppering her face with kisses as she giggled, hands laced under his shoulder blades, clutching onto him. He whispered sweet nothings in her ears as she sighed dreamily, giggling at his complete adorableness. It was pure unadulterated bliss, and neither had felt that way in a long time; well, ever.

"Have I told you how much I love your beautiful smile, Scar?" Andrew asked her, running his pointer finger over her lips as she kissed on his finger lightly, and she giggled, shaking her head. "Have I told you how much I love those sweet brown eyes?" she countered, leaning in and attaching their lips for the millionth time in that hour. He held her hand in his and kissed it lightly, letting his lips linger for a few seconds before pecking them again, and she laughed. "You are so beautiful," he told her, hands holding her face as he kissed her gently.

"God, you're so sweet, I don't deserve you," she cooed, looking up at him with stars in her eyes, and he shook his head briskly. "I'm the one who doesn't deserve you," he told her softly, kissing her temple over and over as she sighed. "I love you Andrew, I really do, I'm so happy right now, I don't even know how to put it into words," Scarlett whispered, and he grinned. "Baby, this is the best day of my life, this and when we saw the first image of the Bean," he said, and she grinned, resting her head on his chest.

They sat quietly for a few minutes, Scarlett listening to the sound of Andrew's heart beating with her head resting on his sternum, and then she paused, sighing a little before looking back up into his eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you how I was feeling sooner," she told him. "Don't apologize Scarlett. I didn't either. Hell, I started to feel like I may be falling for you as soon as we started to, you know, become friends. And it scared me out of my mind, so I didn't say a word." She looked at him intently, thinking it over.

"I was scared too," she admitted. "I was worried that the baby and how we were feeing about her and... well, you know, the way we connected so easily, I thought maybe that was heightening everything." Andrew cleared his throat, as this was exactly what Shane had been saying all along. "Are you still worried about that?" he asked her quietly. She shook her head, rubbing her eyes a little as she didn't dare move from Andrew's grasp. "No, I mean, I'm positive I love you, I'm not just, you know, carried away with the baby. What about you?" she asked nervously. "I've never worried about that, but I worried that might be the case for you," he told her honestly, and she nodded. "I know it's not that. The baby brought us together, but like, I would want to be with you even if I'd met you the way people normally do," Scarlett said, and Andrew squeezed her tight, relieved to hear her verbalize his fears.

"So are you OK now?" he asked timidly. "Yes, but I'm still scared," she said, and Andrew rubbed her back, drawing invisible circles with his fingers to soothe her. "Baby, one of the things I love the absolute most about you is how honest you are. You keep me in check constantly by just telling me what you're thinking." He paused a little, kissing her forehead. "We ended up feeling hurt and stuff because we weren't honest. If there's something you're worried about, I want you to tell me. I don't know if I can fix it or ease you, but I want to try." Andrew made contact with her clear eyes, hoping he was coming across as genuine and she sighed.

"Well, I... I guess I'm just worried that, you know, the Baby will put everything into overdrive. I mean, we've moved a mile a minute. As soon as we became friends, we were inseparable. And that's great because it was the easiest friendship I've ever had." He nodded in agreement, listening to her intently. "And the way I'm feeling about you is so intense," she admitted, and he shook his head. "Same," he said bluntly.