/10/Solangelo/

< solangelo >
Prompt - Request from FlyingDolphin101 , if you guys have request, either DM them to me or leave a comment with your prompt! It's a simple soulmate AU when you look into your soulmate's eyes you see colour.

Words: 1982 words

TW: Nothing really, except fluff I guess. I made it kind of short but I really like it. Short but cute.

Also, should I start naming my one shots? Because this would be called "Blue"

/Nico/

Nico watched as Percy and his soulmate, Annabeth, laughed as he smeared whipped cream from their sundae on Annabeth's nose. He couldn't help but feel jealous of the girl. He wanted Percy to himself but the male already belonged to someone else. He sighed as Annabeth and Percy shared a kiss, smiling. He remembered the day Percy had discovered Annabeth was his soulmate. It was about five years prior to this day. Percy had rushed into their shared apartment, his face flushed and a radiant smile on his face. Then he told Nico the news that crushed his heart. Said heart was shattered, ripped to shreds but he still loved Percy with every broken piece of it. He didn't want to admit it, but Percy still was the person he hoped for. It was impossible, considering Annabeth, but Nico never lost hope.

This was their fifth anniversary and Annabeth had insisted Nico come along too. She was the sweetest person Nico had ever met, which made it so much harder to hate her. The blonde was convinced Nico caused her and Percy meeting. It was partly true. Nico had demanded iced tea and claimed that Percy drank the rest of it. The black haired male finally succumbed to Nico's whining and went to get him some iced tea, where he'd bumped into Annabeth, making her drop all her groceries. Percy helped her and when their eyes met for the first time, he was able to see colour. He didn't realise it at first but when he looked at the aisle to grab something, Percy had noticed that everything wasn't back and white anymore. Annabeth had noticed too and she'd given Percy her number along with a kiss on the cheek. They'd been together ever since.

Nico didn't get why Annabeth would invite him but she did. So there he was, watching the man he loved and his soulmate being happy and in love. They were at the boardwalk, where tons of people passed by. The trio sat at a table close to the edge of the ocean. The sun was slowly going down. Percy claimed it was a beautiful colourful sunset, before Annabeth kicked him under the table and nodded not-so-discreetly towards Nico. Nico had looked away, looking at the ocean, that was supposedly blue, whatever that colour looked like. His whole life was black and white, like everyone else's until they found their soulmate. Apparently Nico had brown hair and brown eyes though he didn't know what that meant. Percy had told him once after he'd met Annabeth. Nico also learned that Percy had green eyes and black hair. He couldn't possibly imagine what those colours were but he was sure Percy was even more gorgeous in colour. He'd never even seen the colour green but he knew it was his favourite simply because of Percy's eyes.

People passed by, the same grey, black and white monotone view Nico had always seen. He looked back at Percy and their eyes met. He wished on every god, force or being known to man to be suddenly able to see his green eyes but nothing happened. Everything remained the same, Nico remained blind to the colours of the world, Percy remained Annabeth's.

The brunet excused himself.

"I'm just gonna roam around, I'll leave you two." Annabeth smiled and Percy gave him a thankful nod. Nico put a fake smile and walked to the edge of the boardwalk, leaning against the baluster separating the ocean from civilisation. The light of the sun dimmed as the sun slowly went down. Another day would pass and Nico would be missing out of the beauty of the world. He sighed and ran a hair through his supposedly brown hair. He knew he had a soulmate somewhere out in the world, he just wished that he'd arrive already so that Nico could forget all about Percy. The waves crashed against the boardwalk, splashing him a bit. Percy had told him water was clear in a glass or from a sink but the ocean was blue. Nico didn't understand how that could be but he tried to imagine what blue looked like. It didn't work and all Nico saw in his mind was the usual black and white emptiness. He sighed, burying his face in his hands. Most people found their soulmate at 16, yet here he was, 19 years old, inching towards 20 and no soulmate. Percy was 16 when he met Annabeth.