/13/Solangelo/

< solangelo >

Name: Nico di Angelo is in Good Hands
Prompt - Short little one shot showing Percy and Annabeth coming to Camp Half Blood and seeing Nico and Will just after they started dating, holding hands and laughing. (Based on picture above) It started out as Percy and Annabeth spying to Percy being the overprotective older brother he is and slowly got longer, I got carried away okay XD

Words: 1266 words

TW: Short and sweet.

/Percy/

Percy smiled happily, leaning against Annabeth in front of the campfire. They'd arrived this morning at Camp Half Blood, reunited with the year rounders. The fire was climbing high, as the Apollo cabin lead the sing-along. Percy noticed the cabin councillor, Will, wasn't with his cabin. He looked around at the familiar faces around camp. Jason Grace and Piper McLean sat holding hands and singing, Travis Stoll and Katie Gardner laughed together as Travis joked around. Percy smiled. He was home.

After a bit, Annabeth tapped on his shoulder and pointed to a recluse spot on the other side of the campfire.

"Is Nico di Angelo... laughing?" She asked. Percy looked over. The 14 year old was indeed laughing, his once broody features stretched into a large smile. Even from here, Percy could see the small tears forming on the corner of his eyes. Nico's hair was cut shorter than the last time Percy had seen the son of Hades and he was wearing a Hawaiian patterned shirt, like the ones Mr. D liked to wear. He still wore his skull ring but the dark clothes and dark personality seemed to have vanished in the few months Percy was gone.

"Annabeth, the guy isn't laughing, he's roaring with laughter." Percy said, tilting his head. Then he noticed who was sitting right next to Nico, so close their legs were touching. A blond boy about Nico's age, maybe a bit older, was laughing along with Nico. His blue eyes were fixed on the brunet's face.

"I'm not going blind, that's Will Solace right?" Poseidon's son asked his girlfriend.

"Yeah it is." She answered, scrutinizing the unlikely pair. Nico had sobered up but his smile was still present. Him and Will seemed to be talking now. Percy narrowed his eyes. The two were just a bit too close for it to be platonic.

"D'you think..." Percy started.

"I don't know." Annabeth finished. The daughter of Athena and Percy both watched as Will scooted just a bit closer to Nico. The green eyed young man's mind seemed to be working at a thousand miles per hour. Nico had told Percy he had a crush on him, a few years back, last summer. After leaving a stunned Percy behind, he'd gone to Will Solace. Did that mean...

"It's not impossible." He said, completely ignoring the rest of the campers, his gaze stuck on the pair. Annabeth and Percy gasped simultaneously as the blond boy interlocked his tanned fingers with Nico's pale ones. Nico's face took a pink tint but he smiled and leaned just a bit closer to Will. Said blond smiled back and left a small kiss on the pale cheek.

"I think we have our answer Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said, smiling fondly.

"If Will and Nico are dating, I have to make sure Solace is good enough for Nico." Percy decided.

"Percy no."

"Percy yes." The son of Poseidon revolted. Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"Leave the poor kids alone!" He shook his head at his girlfriends statement.

"Nope." He got up, shuffling around some campers. Annabeth was telling him to come back but he ignored her. He stealthily made his way around the campfire, never tearing his gaze to the new couple, who were talking quietly, their lips a bit too close for Percy's liking. He reached Nico and Will and sat behind them not making a sound. He could hear now what Will was saying to make Nico laugh so loudly.

"I swear, my dad did that!" The blond said. Nico let a giggle slip past his lips.

"Will, if you think you have a weird dad, I'm sorry, but my father rules the Underworld, I think I win in that area."

Will chuckled and Percy thought this was a perfect time to cut in. The couple apparently didn't notice Percy behind them, smirking slightly.

"Yeah, well my dad lives in a palace under the sea." He said. Nico snapped his head around and an annoyed expression painted itself on his face. Will blushed when he realized why Percy had decided to bless them with his presence. He suddenly let go of the brunet's hand.

"Why are you here Percy?" The son of Hades asked, reaching from Will's hand once again.

"Oh, just wanted to say hi." Nico gave a pointed look and Percy added. "And to talk with Will."

The blond let out a sharp exhale, a nervous smile creeping to his lips.

"Leave him alone, for the love of Olympus." Nico said, rolling his eyes.

"No, no, Nico it's fine, I've gone through this with Hades, I think I can handle Percy Jackson."

"Yeah, you think." Nico grumbled then added something about melting into the shadows.

"Brighten up Sunshine, you're not shadow travelling again." Will told him, which made Percy smile.

"So Will Solace. How long have you and Nico been together?"

Will thought about for a few seconds before.

"About three months, I think." Percy made a thoughtful face and bit his bottom lip.

"So, do you love him?" He asked. Nico spluttered at the question, blushing slightly. Will's face took a deep red tint and and stammered. "I'm just kidding." Percy quickly said. The new couple looked like they'd just both shared a very intense heart attack.

"Percy, would you be a doll and get back to your girlfriend before I summon some skeletons and command them to haul you back?"

"Relax Death Breath, I'm just making sure your newfound boyfriend is good enough."

"Will is good enough, trust me, now go!"

Percy laughed and finally left the pair alone. He walked back to his place besides Annabeth. The blonde girl shook her head smiling.

"You just had to do that didn't you?" She said, kissing his cheek softly.

"Yep." He replied, kissing her on the lips. When they broke from the kiss, Annabeth gasped and awed. Percy looked back to where Nico and Will were, just to find them in the same situation Percy and Annabeth had just been. Nico's face was bright red as Will pressed his lips to Nico's thin ones. By the look on the couple's faces, Percy realised he'd witnessed their first kiss. His lips stretched in a proud smile.

Percy looked over to where Jason was sitting and caught Jason staring at the couple, his blue eyes sparkling and his face split in a huge beam. His eyes shifted to Percy and he gave him a thumbs up, using his other hand to point at Will and Nico. Percy mouthed I know right! and turned back to the couple. Nico and Will broke apart and Nico giggled, burying his face in Will's neck, hugging him tightly. Will looked fondly at the small bundle of joy in his arms and held Nico even tighter.

Percy knew Will was good for him. He definitely loved Nico, even though Will himself might not know that. Percy could tell that Will and Nico were perfect for each other. Anyone in their right mind could see those two definitely deserved each other.

He shared a look with his Wise Girl and he knew she was thinking exactly the same thing.

Nico di Angelo was in good hands.