IX. The Party

Between playing drinking games and dancing, I lost track of what time it was and where Elizabeth was. I knew we made plans to go to The Wreck to meet up with the Pogues, but I totally forgot when we decided on leaving here. A short while into the party I had excused myself from the girl so she could go find Sarah, which I knew was one of the main reasons she came here since I found her looking for the blonde earlier in the day.

    Even though the house was so big and there were so many people here I could barely tell who was who, it didn't take me long to run into the brunette girl. I only was able to spot her because she was wearing a shirt I had let her borrow. Luckily, I was able to spot her a few feet away from me wearing one of my old concert t-shirts she picked out and insisted on wearing.

"Elizabeth!" I attempt to shout when I see the girl a few feet away from me. I wrap my arm around the shorter girl. I lost complete control of my body for a moment and almost brought us down, luckily she managed to catch us. "I thought I lost you for a minute."

    "I was outside talking to Sarah for a few minutes." She said, looking me up and down. My vision was a little blurry for a few seconds, but soon enough it's clear again.

    I couldn't hold back, "I don't understand why you hang out with her if I'm being honest. I've known the Cameron's forever because my sister is best friends with Wheezie." I pause for a moment covering a burp from my mouth. Although, I didn't care at the moment. "Sarah has never been one of the best people on Figure Eight. She even ditched Kie last year if I remember correctly."

    Elizabeth's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, "Wait, Kie as in Kiara?"

    "The one and only." I nod, " They became so close last year that Kiara even ditched the Pogues. She wasn't around when John B's dad disappeared because she was 'living it up' in Kook country for once. Something happened though and all of the sudden she was back in The Cut with the boys."

    "Sarah never-" She began. Elizabeth looked as though she'd seen a ghost behind me. Before she could finish and I had time to react to what was going on, her hand wrapped around my elbow, dragging me towards the doorway.

    She didn't even give me a chance to say anything as we made our way out of the house. As soon as I see my Audi I free myself from her grasp and sprint towards my car parked on the street. I remember that we had made plans to go to the Wreck. I was really looking forward to seeing JJ.

    "What the hell was that for?" I question Elizabeth about why she pulled me out of the house so fast.

    "Give me your keys." She said shaking her head at me and holding her hand out, avoiding the question.

    "My keys?" I groan. Elizabeth is much quicker than me right now because she pulls the keys out of my pocket before I can even move to grab them back from her. "Hey!" I shout in response.

    "Please don't argue, Emerson." She groans and pleads, "Get in the damn car before Rafe gets out here."

    Quickly, I turned around to see the front door of the house open, both Rafe and Topper were leaving the crowded party and seemingly looking for the two of us. No doubt, Rafe had some unfinished business with Elizabeth from the last time he'd seen her at a party. I didn't want to leave the party though I was having so much fun, I could deal with Rafe.

    "Emerson..." She pleaded again. She really wanted to leave.

    "Okay sheesh," I replied, opening the passenger door and climbing inside. "Such a party pooper."

    I fight back to urge to close my eyes, when I hear something bang against the passenger side window. I jump realizing that the voice belonged to Rafe, "What the fuck are you doing here, Ashtyn?"