Chapter 1

Francesca's POV

"Syringe,please" Doctor Rogers, our surgery dictator said as I reach for the syringe on the tools plate and handed it over. We were ten in the room today gathered in a semi circle with Doctor Rogers in the middle where everyone else could see him. He is one of the finest doctors in the country, he comes once in a while to cushion us, so we were kind of the luckiest batch in five years to have him as our dictator.
"After the anesthetic we apply pressure on the lower abdomen "I follow through how he presses the lower abdomen of the lab mannequin on the lab bed with his gloves on, as he went through the process for what seemed like the third time there were tons of questions thrown at him I don't know how he does it but he manages to answer every one of them efficiently.
Einstein nor Zukerberg was in here, but we've got brains and everyone of us in here somehow had a plan for our future. For a for a eight years course it has really cost me much, time,  sleep, money and energy but by next year I'd be graduating and all this we'd be of use. We finish off with his usual "Check on the patient frequently, to ensure if they're still breathing" and other key stuff.
As we all started exiting the room I stretch off my gloves from my fingers and remove the surgical masks over my mouth then drop them in the bin right after I stepped out of the room. As I walk by the lobby to the locker room I hear a voice call me from behind, I turn to see who was calling... David!! The guy who has been stalking me since I moved here. He's a final year Med student and a Pharmacists. He's smart, spontaneous, very good looking but sadly he's not my type.

His light brown skin came into full contact as he walks towards me.
Sighed "Hey Dav" I say as I smirk

"Isn't she beautiful" only few steps away I grin as he came closer

"Good morning" he greets as he placed a swift kiss on my cheek, the smell of fresh shave swayed the air... I do let him get that close to me so he won't be left out.

"Good morning" I say dryly as I walk off

"So what would you be doing this weekend?" For a Nigerian his English accent is really sound, not surprised he was raised in London. I do love it when he talks but he pisses me off sometimes like right now.

"Work" I answer already standing in front of the locker room.
He furrowed his eyebrows at me and I pout as I open the door, entered and shut it behind me.

"You and I know you don't work on Saturdays " he half yell from outside

"You don't know that" as I put in my locker combination it made a "crr" sound as it opens and i take out my bag and shut it. It's not like he doesn't know it's never going to happen he just loves trying.

"Come on" I know he would be pouting right now which isn't persuading at all

"Dav Sebapoor" I mutter I shimmed out off my scrubs and threw a plain black dress over my head which landed over my knee, I was only five feet two inches so this couldn't be short I assured myself, crossing my bag over my left shoulder.

"Doctors don't lie Anne" he makes sure to remind me he prefers my middle name instead.

I open the door to see him smirking "It means get out" I may not be a Nigerian but I do know few words in his dialect which is Igbo. I roll my eyes and walk pass him.

"I know Swahili myself " He strikes back.

"Yeah the few words you learn on Google" I let out a small laugh

"No Anne, I studied pharmacology in Kenya"

"Yeah right" I scoff

He keeps taunting me as we walk out of the building to the parking lot. We got to were my car was parked, I unlock the door and climb in.