Prologue

True love comes

when you lose

where you end

and they begin

and the atoms

in your souls

forget where they belong

and slowly you become

pieces of each other

too close now

to ever be apart

- Lang Leav

Everything was perfect - at least that's what Gulf thought when he found Mew, a boy from the Architecture Faculty during their first year of bachelor's degree

They fell in love at the first sight, it was Mew who confessed first. It took the taller 3 weeks to gather up his courage to approach the lively brunet majoring in Biotechnology. Mew was in Architecture, which had been his dream since he was a child.

Within 3 months, they learned about each other, giving chance for them to try it out and Gulf had never regretting for making that decision. Their happiness was measured in the amount of laughter they shared, the amount of nights where they spent tangled in each other's arms and also the amount of love they had for one another.

They were together for 3 years before decided to tie the knot after they graduated from their study. Mew was working at a local company at that time and with a stable job, the latter turned Gulf's dream of marriage into reality.

Gulf thought his fairy tale would last forever but nobody told him that fairy tales are only stories that are told to children to make them sleep better at night.

He always thought he already got his happy ending, but fate has something else for him.

Gulf didn't know where they had gone wrong. He wasn't sure if the taller one had changed, or that he had never once known that person.

It began with Mew coming home late one day - Gulf was fine with it initially thinking his husband had a rough and busy day in the office. Gulf, on the other hand, is not working as Mew didn't want him to, so being the good husband he is, he agreed. Days turned into months; Mew frequently couldn't come home at the same time he used to.

No more exchanging I love you's and cuddling in bed at night. No more kisses on his forehead before his husband went to work. With that, Gulf knows, his husband has slowly fallen out of love.

When they found out he was carrying their baby, everything went back to normal. Mew is back to his normal self - being a sweet husband - Gulf once again had thought his life was perfect.

But then, he found his fate turned out so cruel; his fate is twisted, always getting his hopes up just to bring them back down again.

"I know you're tired of.... us. We should stop pretending we're okay when the truth is.... not. The only way out is through a divorce."

Neither Mew nor Gulf would have thought that they would go through this in life. No one expected their forever would come to an end this soon; when they're about to welcome a little bundle of joy.

"Please get the paper ready once I gave birth."

Mew heaved out a sigh. He didn't know what he was feeling now and he also failed to figure out Gulf's. Did he get tired of the latter? No. Mew is sure that's not the case but why did their marriage become this dry and plain?

It was once filled with love and happiness.

Maybe the thought of having twins when he was barely 25 scared the fuck out of him. He couldn't come clean to Gulf about this, especially after seeing the carrier was on cloud nine when they found out there will be a new addition to their small family. Fuck. He's not even ready to be a parent and he couldn't even tell his partner.

They didn't plan to have kids at least for the first 3 years but God really has something else planned for him.

He has planned out everything in his life. There were so many dreams yet to be achieved in his career journey. Having a baby would be a burden for him.

"Okay," Mew's reply was almost inaudible.

When he felt he didn't have the energy to contemplate his emotion, he made his way to the door.

"The babies...... I'll take them with me," Gulf muttered, which made Mew freeze at his spot before nodding his head lightly. It didn't matter to him; he can visit the kids occasionally or send them some money. If he didn't need to directly take care of the kids who might be in his way for him to achieve bigger things in life.

It was Gulf who decided to get pregnant and have kids this early even though he already made it clear they shouldn't for the first 3 years - at least.

Without waiting any longer, he then left their room, shutting the door behind him.

Gulf on the other hand kept his gaze on the door. The revelation that his almost 2 years of marriage with the man he loved crumbling down didn't sink in.

All he could think of was how both had failed to live up to the wedding vows they'd made to each other in that little chapel 2 years ago.