Chapter Five

There the Devil stood. As beautiful as ever. With olive skin and plush lips, Bianca was a woman to behold. All seductive and sensual, clothed in black chiffon cinched at the waist. Dark hair and even darker eyes gleamed intensely. Dark red lips upturned a seemingly sweet smile.

Bianca had this power over men. Clèmence had seen the most ruthless of men lose their wits over her beauty. She could bring many men down to their knees, except the one she really wanted. No, the one Bianca wanted, was hers and hers only. Much like this place.

"Is that how you greet your Sister?. Or is the Don being indulgent again,by not teaching you some manners French bitch?". The smile on her beautiful face turned into a sneer. Unlike Tomas who hid under scorned glances and sarcasm, Bianca was different. She was like a serpent, cutting and deadly.

"I would not ask you again. Who gave you the audacity to enter into my space". She breathed harshly. This place, all grand in it's essence with paint smears and colour belonged to her. It was her haven.

"Your space?!". The wench cackled in mockery and disdain. "Look at you acting all high and mighty,I remember how you used to cower behind the Don back like a scared little lamb". Walking around with such familiarity, Bianca perused the room with false enlightened interest. "Look at you now,Lady of the house!,I---"

The sound of laughter cuts her off mid statement. "You amuse me. It's such a pity".

Clèmence walks with direct steps and proud shoulders to the dark-haired barely simmering woman. Disdain and utter resentment prevails all over Bianca's features. Clèmence come to a halt directly in front of her, the difference of the two, so clearly glaring. Opposites repelling in every possible way.

Platinum-blonde hair and unsual pale eyes contrasted starkly against the dark beauty. Love for the same man was all they shared, and even that wasn't, measurable. Clèmence touched the smooth cheeks of the woman,"Jealousy looks so cruel on you."

Bianca flinched,nose flaring and eyes sharp with so much hatred, Clèmence couldn't help but be filled with such fruition With a last stroke to her chin,and a loving pat. She retreated, "How I pity you, clamouring for the attention of a man that sees you as purely nothing,and that is what you are Bianca" .With a pregnant pause and mocking eyes. 'You are replaceable much like that dog, you call a brother".

Clèmence had spoken the truth. They lived a life of violence and crime. Everyone was replaceable. Nothing ever remained constant. Wolves were preying around every corner to end and devour. Malachi was a king, one who begot and breathed bloodshed, and for that reason alone, she was a goddess, never touched or to be replaced.

"Everyone knows you are nothing but the Don's puttana!. The famiglia would never accept how he throws his French bitch in our faces!. Making a mockery of everything we believe". She spoke with such wrath that struck a nerve in Clèmence's heart. The cool façade she presented began to wain.

Clèmence had always been an emotional creature,acting without consequence. Possessed by the need to dominate, adrenaline pumping and spiralling,violence was only the outcome. She had no control, Bianca did not expect such retaliation. Clèmence had no foresight of her strength.

"Don't threaten me".She snarled between teeth clenched so hard,it hurt to speak. The grip, she held on the woman's neck tightened to the point of suffocation. The need to kill so strong,she almost let it control her.

The struggling woman clawed so forcibly at her hands drawing out streaks of blood. Clèmence was too far gone to feel the pain. Once the cycle had began, it was hard to stop. Violence always begets violence.

"Death will be your punishment".

•••••

She was naked, the cool air on her skin as pointed indication. Her limps weak and tired,smooth satin rested all around her. Hands massaged,caressed softly around her temple. Soft strokes making her body stiffen. Her eyes closed more tightly. Heart clenching and beating wildly. Serenity was nothing but a fleeting moment.

"What a day, you have had,Sweet".

She blinked, eyes loosing focuss. Harsh realization crashed into her suddenly. She didn't struggle or coil away,but remained motionless. Malachi was never volatile in anything but with her,he was an extremist.

His ministrations continued,so loving, she knew never to fall for it. Eyes focused on his face, it hurt her so much to breathe. She inhaled deeply, as he leaned forward, positioned in a way that kept her trapped beneath his steely gaze.

"Forgive me, amour". She all but muttered under her breath. Her words was met with a soft kiss to the lips. "What for?, you haven't done anything to my knowledge".

She swallowed deeply,the games had began, ever manipulative. Soft kisses trailed from her mouth down to her collarbone, where he kept his face buried. His breath trickled her neck. He had her both mesmerized and frightened.

He moved,entangling her in his embrace. That is how they stayed, only the mix of soft breathing and uncomfortable warmth.

"Forgive me".She said again,this time with all sincerity. She felt the stings of tears even before, it began. Her chest choking as, she fought to control her sounds. "Please".

"You smell so lovely".He voiced,the sound muffled by her neck. He pressed his lips on a spot,sucking lightly. She couldn't take it.

"Please!. I am begging you!".She sobbed, her shoulders heaving with the movement. "I didn't mean to start the fire!. I couldn't control myself". She hiccuped.

The minutes passed. Silence was all that was present, nothing but her tears, staining her cheeks. She waited, for him to do something, anything at all.

Nothing happened. He didn't even utter a word. He remained in her embrace, nuzzling her neck with his lips.

"I killed two men today".He began abruptly."The first was one of my best men,loyal and deadly. The second, a common shoulder, always eager to please".He paused, as if deep in thought" Much like you,Sweet".

"Malachi, I-I..."

"Nonetheless, they both deserved to die. It wasn't a quick death". She could taste the smile on his lips, almost taste the blood too. " They thought they had privilege and favour. All is earned not given".

"Forgiveness is earned. I cannot give you, what you don't deserve". Such tender words, holding her fate in them.

"You overpowered Bianca till the point of unconsciousness, started a fire in the room, I gifted to you, and left her there to die".

She could still feel the smell of smoke, choking her senses, feel the heat almost lick the skin of her hands. It was everything and more, she wanted to do. What a shame, her efforts proved futile. The wench was still alive. The thing about cats having nine lives.

"I would do it again, but this time, Bianca would be burnt to nothing but pitiful ashes". She spoke truthfully, not realizing the weight of her words.

"Such bitter words from such a sweet mouth. You crossed a line, I protect you from everything even till this moment, but who would protect you from me?".

"You own me, tu mi possiedi. Forever."

Malachi smiled, blatant and unabashed. Those words pleased him as she knew it would. Nothing could compel him, but it was mere intuition. What she had done was grave, if it was anyone but her, the death would be a torturous one, the head hung for all to see the depise. Everything was done out of respect and to provoke fear. Such emotions go hand in hand.

Never touch one of their own without repercussions for all to see. Weakness would never be tolerated.

"That changes nothing. Death is never fickle, Sweet Clèmence. " He paused." Do not execute, those that do not transgress".

"You broke the rule. A lesson has to be taught".

Once the cycle has began, it cannot stop.