Chapter Six

Clèmence needed to find a job. Carla was a good hostess and was seldom home, a favourable three bedroom apartment situated in a busy community. It was comfortable and homely, decorated with mosaic tiles and plush colours. Indeed feminine, in the real sense.

It was different than what Clèmence was used to. More quaint and charming. Less boisterous and claustrophobic. She had visited Florence before, but that was a couple years ago, prior to when she  began University. Still, it all seemed new to her, maybe because she saw the beauty and essence now she was a little older.

Her mother was skeptical about her moving to new country, because she was still nineteen, but she had reasoned differently. She was an adult, no one could take care of her, better than herself. Carla had welcomed her with warm, open arms, more than she thought she deserved.

She had withdrawn from the University, within her first year, when she has gotten confirmation from Carla to her stay. Everything was a set in stone, she loved painting, and she wanted to pursue that dream - albeit in a different country. It was bittersweet, breaking the news to her parents. They were quite old-fashioned but very wealthy. There was no tension or opposition from their part. Clèmence was persuasive, playing mostly on their absence and disinterest

She was provided with all she needed, and within a month, she had began her life in Italy. Now, as she sat in the bedroom, she had began to rethink her decision. Money or the equivalent was no issue, it was in abundance with clothes, jeweleries she could ever need.

The problem was that- she felt worthless. Entirely because she had failed to foresee the future, she was in as much still inspired and continued to paint and explore the art in different ways, the issue was that, she had become dependent. Dependent on Carla- a trait she despised, the inadequacy was shrivelling. They had both gine to all the tourist attraction sights, it was an enlightening experience.

To be honest, she excepted that it would take some time before she became well-known or before her works would be displayed in galleries and artistic museums. It took time, diligence and knowing the right people before she could attain that criteria. She was young; unknown and insignificant. She refused to take advantage of her parents influence.

The dilemma for a means of work, troubled her. She had no degree or experience whatsoever, and she could not see herself doing menial jobs. Though, it was not necessary for her to
work, the luster for exploration had began to wain.

Carla's Mother was a florist. She was well-known in the city. She owned a flower shop that catered for series of events and personal wishes. It was beautiful, and a place for real inspiration. Carla worked there, four times a week. Clèmence had been there twice; Carla's Mother, Gianna, was as standoffish and distant as ever, but gave her a small tour.

Carla had said, she was more than welcome to fill any position she wanted, but Clèmence didn't want to take more than what she was already give.

But she had no other choice.

•••••••••

Clèmence was partly bored; working in the Italian flower shop was somewhat exhausting. It had been there weeks exactly, she was good with numbers , so she approached Carla , who thought it was good idea and within a few days, she began. She observed that, there was a strict work policy, no intimate interactions between employees, apart from that, it was a good environment.

She helped with invoices and receipts most times, other times she assisted with orders, flower arrangements and designs. It wasn't as simple as she hoped it would be,it was bustling and tasking; she had been pricked by thorns quite a number of times.