Chapter 1: Counters

Virgil is 3 years old

Virgil climbed up the counter with his twig arms and swung his legs over the counter. He sat on the counter very proudly with his tail swinging around and his ears high up...well that was until he heard tuting in the distance "Virgil what did I say about climbing on the counters?" Janus said in his smug-but-concerned-dad-voice. Janus picked Virgil up in a controlled manner as Virgil tried to squirm out of his golden grasp "Y'know I have to put you in time out now" Janus said as he held Virgil tighter "Nu I don' wan' 'o!!" Virgil said in a whiney-but-sad-voice with his tears threatened to spill.

It's now 2 minutes later and Janus FINALLY got Virgil to the time out corner the only problem was; Virgil is balling his eyes out. Janus took Virgil out of the time out corner 3 minutes later.

Janus held the Neko up as he cried into his shoulder "Shh shh it's okay" Janus whispered as he bounced Virgil on his hip. Virgil started to lighten up as he found he was No longer in the dreadful corner as what Virgil says. Virgil's Ears were No longer down and depressed and his tail wasn't wrapped around his body in fear. "I'm sorry Baby but you can't get out of every punishment" Janus said feeling quite guilty he accidentally made his toddler cry, "I'm sowwy daddy I'll twy no' 'o do I' again" (I'm sorry daddy I'll try not to do it again) Virgil said in his cute baby voice. Janus looked at the time and his eyes widened "Wow, I think someone needs a catnap!" He said teasingly but softly "Nu! I don' wan' a ca'nap!" Virgil wined Janus' face turned to soft to slightly mad "Virgil what have I told you about lying?!" Janus scolded "I-I sho-shouldn't d-do it" Virgil whimpered "Then why did you lie?!" Janus said continued to scold Virgil "I'm sowwy!" Virgil apologised as he bolted out of Janus' grasp running outside into they're little garden.....

To be continued