Chapter 59

They all promised meet up at the fountain again, to go to the hotel together. RM is biting his lip and Sarah is looking down at the floor. They get disturbed by Jungkook, who is raving about the atmosphere in Rome. Sarah sees her chance and decides to take her leave. She just stands a bit further, texting on her phone. The others soon follow and arrive at the fountain. They all return to their rooms. Mary is blushing. The others are just happily chatting. "But Mary is so quiet...What is up sis?" Mary smiles. "V kissed me." "For real? Did he profess his love for you?" Mary shakes her head. "Not yet." Sarah can see it happening. I can't stop this, can I. I should have known. Story as old as time. Who sleeps with the dog, catches his flees. "I really did put the kitten with the milk." She mumbles to herself. A ping. She grabs her phone. Ji Hoon is starting his day and is wishing her a goodnight. Sarah smiles at her phone. At the bottom of his message was a moving picture. He threw a kiss and winks. Emma looks over Sarah's shoulder and sees it. "OMO he is so sweet!" Sarah looks at Emma. "I know right?" Her voice sounds excited and happy. Her heart feels so empty. "We should go to sleep early. We got a big week ahead of us." Sarah says while getting in her pajamas.

RM is in his bed, smiling. "She is so sweet. And cute. And so good at her job. The way she arranged the day. It was amazing. We had enough time to see the main things." He does sit ups, working his abs. Still very happy about spending such a romantic time with her.

They get up early and take the tour bus to Siena. They arrive around lunchtime and go for lunch in a cute, little 'ristorante'.

After lunch Sarah lets Emma explain what they will do the rest of the day. They are going to explore Siena in smaller pairs with a game purpose. Emma explains that Siena is known for its rivaling neighborhoods.

"The 17 neighborhoods that exist today are the remaining of the original 59. Twice a year on the 2nd of July and the 16th of August the contradas (neighborhoods) compete in a horse race. They prepare for the event all year. The horses are chosen with the help of an innocent hand. The competition is so important for the image of the contrada that each year lots of civilians end up hurt from fighting over their champion riders. The winning contrada gets lots of honor."

Emma explains what the game will be. "The pairs all need to search the different contradas and bring evidence of the search. Every group needs to have a picture of themselves with a contrada border board and another picture with the contrada sanctuary place on it. The most inventive picture will get a price. The game ends at 6pm at the main square."

They all split up. Sarah goes with J-hope and Jin, Mary goes with V, Jimin and Jungkook, and lastly Emma with RM, Doenja and Suga. Emma secretly chose the pairs to encourage her friends and herself in their 'mission bias'. She is not dumb and noticed all of her friends have caught feelings for their biases. She hopes everyone will have fun, and that Sarah solves her problems with Hoseok and Jin.

The game starts. Everyone splits up and goes their own way. RM happily walks next to Emma, with Doenja and Suga behind them in their own little world. She is so gorgeous...Namjoon you can't think like that! She is still young. She won't like me. Does she really love me? He is too caught up in his own thoughts he stumbles over a loose brick in the road. Emma is quick in action, knowing it would at some point happen, and catches his arm before he totally hits the ground. "Watch out were you walk Namjoon-shi, you can seriously hurt yourself and I wouldn't want that. Also, I am guessing since you were so lost in thought you didn't hear a thing I just said?" Emma asks. "No, I didn't hear you, I'm sorry" "Its fine, I was talking about taking a picture here, we have entered the contrada of 'il Drago', the dragon." "Yes let's do that. This is a nice spot too. We can use my phone since it has a great camera." RM takes his phone out but it slips out of his hands and.... Fortunately, Emma catches the phone with one swift movement of her arm. Namjoon is really embarrassed and tries to hide it. Unfortunately for him Emma caught the faint blush on his cheeks. "Aigoo Namjoon-shi I'm so sorry if I embarrassed you." "It's nothing. Also, you can drop the formalities now, we're friends now." At hearing that Emma's happy face drops. Friends, yeah just friends... why does it hurt though? I knew he won't like me like that. And even if he does... Sarah told us not to date.... "Let's just take the pictures now." She cooly says.

RM notices the shift in her mood but decides not to say anything. Inside him it is a turmoil of emotions. He is very unsure about the whole thing with Emma. Not about his feelings. No, he is very sure he really likes her. He is just cautious. Because he is the leader, people look upon him and count on him as a role model. He is scared to disappoint the others, ARMY and hitman Bang. He knows his parents will allow it though. His mother especially will really like her.

While he is thinking about that, they walk on. Emma decides the silence needs to end and starts talking about the city again, and this time everyone listens better. RM really adores her rants about the city and the travels around Italy she did as a child with her family. He decides he wants to act upon his feelings today, he does not want to wait any longer, even though he is a bit scared. After all, the girl he likes is a young adult of 19 years, there is a 6-year gap between them. She won't make the first move probably.

As they walk on, they come out at a beautiful scenery. It's a road at a cliff. The view is gorgeous. They stop for a while, basking in the sun and looking at the beautiful view in silence. Emma takes unexpectedly the lead by slowly taking RM's hand in her.

Doenja and Suga find a spot to sit. They have been walking for a while now. "Do you see that?" Suga says. "What?" Doenja asks."It's young love. Beautiful." "I hope Namjoon-shi will do right by her." Doenja adds.

She continues to look at the view. "It's beautiful, isn't it? The view." she says. "Yes, it is" RM says while looking at her. Slowly, he turns a bit to face her. He catches her eyes with his and cups her face with his left hand. "This view is ethereal" Emma's breath hitches, while they stare in each other's eyes. She feels his eyes ghosting over her face. He's so handsome, my joonie Emma thinks. She looks so kissable right now; she is so pretty. My flower. RM kisses her softly on the lips. At first, Emma is surprised, but then returns the kiss. They stay like that for a while, kissing. They catch their breath, foreheads pressed together and looking in each other's eyes. Gazing at her face, RM is searching for a reaction. He wants to do it again.