The Parcel. -Ezria

Saturday, New York

"Happy anniversary," Ezra whispered. His 5 year old daughter clung to his side. "Daddy, don't cry," she said, softly. Yet, those words were loud enough to bring him back to reality. He bent down to her height, "Pen, sometimes love makes you cry. Remember how you cried when you lost Blue?" He asked, referring to her stuffed rabbit. Penelope nodded. "It's just like that. But this time its a person. Someone who I've spent most of my life with." Ezra looked back at the picture of himself and Aria, side by side in his apartment. He realised that Penelope didn't really understand the concept of love yet, so he stopped. He felt like continuing, she did deserve to know about her mother, but he talked himself out of it. She knew nothing about Aria. No name, no face. 'There's a time and place for everything,' he thought. He got back up, placed the picture in the box he took it out of and locked the box in the cupboard. "Okay. Let's get going or we'll get stuck in traffic," he said to Penelope. She nodded and grabbed his hand.

After driving around for what seemed like forever, Ezra found a parking spot. He locked the vehicle and walked hand in hand, with his daughter, into the mall. "Good day. Here to pick up package 380 for Mr. Fitz," he said when they got to the tailor. The lady behind the counter greeted him and offered him a seat while she looked for his things. Ezra and Penelope were here two weeks ago, altering Penelopes school uniform. She had a bit of an unusual body type. Pen was a skinnier than the average 5 year olds. They had to take in a few inches on the waistline of her dress. "Here you go," the lady returned. He paid and they left. "That's one thing off the list," Ezra checked the small piece of paper in his hand.

While shopping for Penelopes stationary, Ezras phone rang. The dress maker. "Hello?" "Hi, Mr. Fitz. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I've mistakenly given you package number 318 instead of 380," the lady tried not to sound scared. "I'm still at the mall. I'll drop it off on my way out," Ezra assured her. "Thank you." She hung up. "Pen. It looks like we'd have to go back to the dress maker. They gave us the wrong package," Ezra put his phone back into his pocket. Penelope nodded and went back to helping her father shop.

Thursday, Rosewood

"Hey Ar, since you're not doing anything this weekend, do you mind running a small errand for me?" Hanna got into Arias car. "I'm busy," Aria said, coldly. "Really? Doing what? 'Cause I've checked your schedule," Hanna raised an eyebrow. "Why can't Ali, Em or Spencer do it?" "Ali? I'd never bring myself low enough to ask her for anything. Em is busy with school and babies. Spence can't do it, she's taking a much needed rest from everything. Please? Just this once?" Hanna showed Aria her puppy eyes. "Fine," Aria rolled her eyes.

Saturday, New York

Saturday rolled around faster than expected. Aria found herself across the counter from a petite young lady who was rummaging through the shop like a headless chicken. "Is everything okay?" Aria asked. The lady nodded but she didn't seem so confident. "There's been a mix up. It seems as if I've giving the wrong person your package," she finally stopped. "Hold that thought, I'll call Mrs. Rivers and ask of this can be picked up some other time when you do have it." Aria walked out the shop to make her phone call while the dress maker phoned the first customer. "Mr. Fitz is still here. He will drop off the package on his way out." "Thank goodness. Because Mrs. Rivers needs this for Monday," Aria let out a sigh of relief. "Wait. Did you say Mr. Fitz?" Aria asked after a while. The lady nodded, "He comes in here all the time," she smiled.

Aria thought about why he'd be a regular customer when guys to the tailor. Maybe he was seeing someone? It's been 6 years, obviously he's seeing someone. Heck, he could even be married. "You know him?" She asked. Aria nodded and tried to keep the emotion out of her voice, "schooled together." She sat on one of the red and black chairs that were placed against the wall of the shop.