We skipped a phase. -Sparia

"How do we always end up here?" "I don't know, honey. Rosewood has this hold on all of us," Spencer changed to gear 2 as she took the speed hump. "Hanna said she'd like you to spend the night with Riley," Spencer said. Earning a squeal from her almost asleep daughter. "I'll leave you there in about an hour. Spend some time with grandma and Mel while I go get my things sorted out," Spencer turned into the Hastings driveway. "Aren't you coming in?" "If I do, that means I'd have to talk to grandma which is gonna take time. Time that I don't have. Love you, catch you later," Spencer blew a kiss to Emma and backed out the driveway. Only to pull into Arias house a while later. "Did you tell anyone you're coming to me?" Aria looked around the neighbourhood with suspicious eyes. "Of course not. Now what's the big problem?" Spencer casually walked into Arias place and set her keys on the table next to the door. "I got a package. From someone who sighed the box 'A'. At first I thought it was a lousy prank, considering how everyone in this damned town knows about our history. But now, not so much," Aria checked her surroundings as if every move she made was monitored, then lead Spencer upstairs. "It's gone," Arias eyes widened as she searched through her bedroom. "What? What do you mean its gone? What's gone?" Spencer pried. "The box. The box is gone," Aria brushed her hand through her hair. "Okay. You need to calm down. Breathe," Spencer sat on the bed and gestured for Aria to sit with her. She pulled Aria in for a hug, "We'll find it. Together." Aria pulled away from Spencer's embrace and rambled on. "Spence. You don't understand. It was here. I swear. You've got to believe me. It was here and now it's gone," She got onto her knees and looked under the bed. Coming up with nothing, Aria began to panic. "Whats this?" At the corner of Spencer's eye, she saw a piece of paper that moved slightly against Arias balcony door. Aria and Spencer shared a glance before Spencer walked over to the paper and read it to herself. "Co-ordinates? For what?" She said, aloud. "Whoever took my box, left it there," Aria said confidently. "How are you so sure?" Spencer questioned. Aria held out her phone, "I have your box. Meet me at these exact co-ordinates." "Wait. They haven't signed it off? That's strange," Spencer said. "Well? Let's get going," Aria already grabbed her little bag. "Left here," Spencer directed. "Looks like they're leading us to the park?" Aria said, confused. "I hate these games," Spencer sighed. "You know what? Let's end this shot right now? Turn the car around. We're going to the police station," Spencer spoke with an annoyed tone. "I need the box," Aria said firmly. "What's in there anyway?" Spencer asked. "We're here. Let's go," Aria got out the vehicle and was followed by Spencer. "Where to now?" Aria looked at Spencer. She rolled her eyes and finally gave in to helping and not running to the police. Spencer looked down at her phone. "South then when we get to that tree, west." She pointed to the tree. "Thanks for helping, Spence," Aria spoke quietly as they walked towards the tree. "Anytime." "Yeah. But you've always helped me. Whenever I needed you. When I had my issues with Ezra, you drove from New York just to show me that no matter how far apart we are, you'll always come get me when I fall. It would be the dumbest little thing but you'd never say no," Aria paused. Spencer took the opportunity to thank Aria herself, "Hey, you've done the same. When Toby passed away. You came to me. Remember? You even helped me with Emma." "My divorce with Ezra. You picked me up, dusted me off and helped me build my life again. Especially with Naomi. You've played a huge part in our lives," Aria began crying.

Three years ago, Aria and Ezra divorced. It was a mutual thing. They both wanted something that neither of them could offer anymore. Naomi, their 10 year old daughter, was caught up in the middle. It was always hard when a kid was involved. Getting a divorce was as easy as making a smoothie. But having a kid thrown into the mix? Then it becomes hard. Aria spent almost a year with Spencer until she found a permanent place in Rosewood. During the divorce case when Ezra fought for custody over Naomi, Spencer took Naomi and Emma out shopping or something to distract her. At the time, Emma was 12, they didn't have much in common, but they were inseparable. Until Aria became broke two months into Rosewood. The judge sent social workers to get Naomi away from Aria and to Ezra. The only way Aria could keep her daughter was to make up enough money by the end of the next day. Seemed near impossible. Spencer was in the neighbourhood, some would say it was a coincidence but we know its fate. She met up with Aria and gifted her enough money to take care of Naomi for two years. Before the judge questioned the source of the money, Veronica Hastings took over the case and no problems arised afterwards. There was something that bothered Aria, though. After spending a few nights pacing back and fourth in the comfort of her bedroom, she called Hanna for she had been the expert. Hanna suggested that they'd all have a huge party at her place, commemorating the success of her new fashion line. Once there, she'd work on the case. Hanna was positive that Spencer was in love with a certain someone. The tell tale signs were definitely evident. Spencer would glace over and smile. She'd blush, and brush. Yep. She'd make sure she touches Arias soft milky skin. Spencer would subconsciously get jealous over the guys Hanna discreetly asked to hit on Aria. It was one of the experiments. And the biggest tell tale? That was when Spencer hit the truth stage of drunkenness. The five friends sat in a tight circle in Spencer's barn. It was an after party. Their kids stayed at Ashley Marins place for the weekend. Which meant their responsibility as parents just flew out the window. "Why won't she marry me?" Spencer asked Hanna. Hannas eyes widened. THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT SHE NEEDED. Case closed.

"Spencer, the thing is that you never said no. You never stopped. You never gave up on me. And I love you for that," Aria said. They reached the tree and as soon as Spencer turned westward, Aria got down on her knee in front of her. "I guess I've found my box," Aria shrugged sheepishly. "Spencer Jill Hastings. Will you marry me?" Spencer was silent. She didn't know what to say. For the first time in history, the smart brunette was lost for words. She looked ahead of the tree when she heard the sound of violins. There were three men dressed in plain white suits, they played the violin. Around them were scattered pink flowers and a picnic set up. She didn't realise that she hadn't given Aria an answer yet. The guys stopped playing the violin and have her a hopeful glance. "YES. Yes. Yes. Yes." She yelled. Aria carefully put the ring on Spencer's finger and stood. "We skipped the dating phase," Spencer said in a matter of factually tone. "But I didn't want to waste time. I wanted you to be mine as soon as possible," Aria said as she poured yet another glass of wine for them both. "Do tell me, how'd you figure I was into you anyway? I was extremely discreet considering that as far as I know, you were straight and I have the fear of rejection," Spencer asked. Aria sipped on her wine then laid flat on her back, watching the clouds above. "I searched far and wide for the one. The one who could decrypt Thee Spencer Hastings. The one who's expertise never seizes to amaze. The one who's trendy- Nay- a fashionista. The one-" Aria continued but was cut off by Spencer, "Hanna. The one is Hanna," She chuckled. "Yup. Pretty much. Hey, I've got to hand it to her, she is amazing. You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do this. But she kept saying its not time yet," Aria flipped onto her stomach and propped herself up with her right arm so she could get a better view of Spencer. "There's more you know. After this picnic," Aria smirked. "You didn't have to. I mean, you could've proposed in my backyard for all I care, as long as it gets done." "Oh what a hopeless romantic you are," Aria playfully rolled her eyes. "And yes. I did have to," she then stood and held out her hand. "This is just the beginning."

The day ended with Aria and Spencer stumbling into Arias place. Naomi was with Ezra for the weekend and Hanna picked up Emma from the Hastings household earlier that day. "And Hanna told him, 'you get these violinists or you get fired because I gave you an order' you should've seen the look on her assistants face," Aria switched on the lights. "Wait so that was just to scare her?" Spencer asked. Aria nodded, "How else would Hanna be able to help me with this arrangement? Besides, the assistant is fairly new so when she gets to know Han, she'd figure we played her into doing a bit extra." "Devious much," Spencer sat on the couch. "Oh baby, theres a lot more where that came from," Aria walked over to Spencer and seated herself across the tall brunettes lap. "Really? I like this side of you," Spencer pulled Aria in for a kiss.