Bad Timing: Unfinished Story

So, I liked the idea, but I don't think I can write this, but I liked the idea a bit too much to just.. delete it. This has been in the drafts for a while, before the IiDeku Hanahaki songfic, which was another version of this.

This, one.. oh, this one was a bit more bittersweet than that one.

The story was supposed to be like this:

This can be a "no quirk au", if you'd like. There is no mentions of quirks, heroes, villains, but there are also no mentions that it's impossible for them to have powers, so either way, it works. It isn't the point of the story, anyway.

(bakudeku, unrequited love, hanahaki disease - surgery aftermath, bittersweet ending - it ends up okay in the end but it could've been much better, pov switches)

-Bad Timing-

[unfinished]

"Why can't I love you?"

Izuku woke up on a hospital bed, feeling a numb pain on his chest. He sat up, and was surprised that he couldn't shift his legs much, and was even more surprised the reason was a person he couldn't seem to remember.

"Uhm..sir.." Izuku gently pushed the ash blond off of his lap, finding his hair fluffy even though it seemed spiky at first.

It took some time, but when the person got off his lap, Izuku realized it was he was the same age as him and he had no idea who he was. Izuku yelped in shock.

"Deku..!" the boy's face lit up, but he wasn't smiling.

"..'Deku'?" Izuku seemed offended, but can't find himself to hate the boy, though he didn't feel anything about him. Did he mean 'Deku' as in 'you can do it!' or 'Deku' as in 'useless'? If it's the former, then why..

The boy chuckled, interrupting his train of thought. 

"You're muttering," though the boy didn't seem like the kind to smile, he still smiled fondly at Izuku while saying that.

"I-I.. I was? Sorry, I can't control that.." Izuku apologized with an equally apologetic smile, he then frowned "I'm trying to get rid of that habit... it's bad to tell your plans out loud when your a hero.."

"Uhm," Izuku hesitantly stared back at the boy's ruby red eyes, "d-do I.. know you?"

He didn't remember him. Deku didn't remember him.

Katsuki expected it, what else would you expect as a result? Still, it doesn't make it hurt any less..

While Deku was almost his whole childhood, Deku had no idea who he was, and it hurts thinking about it.

"Oh.. my name is Katsuki Bakugou.." Katsuki introduced himself, it was so weird that he had to do that to Deku, of all people. "We were kind of.." Katsuki swallowed, what can he call them? Friends? Katsuki took a deep breath, "we knew each other.. yeah."

"Oh!" Deku smiled, not seeing the pain Katsuki was hiding, even though he's usually the one to notice all the fucking time-

"Bakugou-kun, then!" he said, and Katuki's chest churned. He's going to miss 'Kacchan', wasn't he? "So, was Deku a nickname I have for you, too? I only remember Uraraka calling me that. Wait, why don't I know you, then?"

"It's.. it's hard to explain," Katsuki answers, not really answering anything at all at the same time. Deku's expression showed confusion, at least he wasn't showing fear whenever he saw him..

Katsuki suppressed a groan, he really needs to stop thinking so negatively about everything. Ironic, since he's always so negative about.. well, everything.. but Katsuki can't see himself laugh at the irony, even if he forced himself to.

"Hm," Deku hummed randomly.

And that's it.

The rest will be here:

Katsuki would be really depressed about Izuku knowing nothing about him, and begins to feel a bit of pain in his chest and stomach, the pain more prominent on his chest. Though, the pain goes at random times, so Katsuki brushed it off.

After a few weeks, Katsuki still hasn't gotten used to Izuku not knowing him, and the pain was gradually getting worse, Katsuki having more and more dreams of Deku throwing up flowers and blood. When Katsuki didn't want to do something for Denki (probably homework), Denki accidentally calls Katsuki "Kacchan" as a force of habit (denki liked to call katsuki 'kacchan' to tease), the mood plummets. 

Deku overhears, and questions it by repeating what Denki said, and the pain Katsuki felt suddenly appears and it was much worse. Katsuki had to excuse himself quietly, leaving the rest of BakuSquad to scold Denki, and leaving Deku confused until Ochako calls for him.

Katsuki throws up petals with blood before he could get to the sink. And even if he had already learned that he had to tell the teachers (for obvious reasons..), he didn't know who it was and it made him confused.

While Katsuki is trying to figure it out as he hides it, Aizawa gets suspicious and asks him, and Katsuki has to answer honestly, not wanting to lie. Aizawa notices the familiar color of the flowers and suspects it had to be Deku.

Unfortunately, Aizawa is right, because after Katsuki had surgery, he forgets about Deku.

Though, Deku is confused as to why Katsuki is calling him 'Midoriya' or 'Shitty Nerd' instead of 'Deku', he continues to avoid Katsuki entirely because of his change of personality, deeming Katsuki a bad influence. He adds Katsuki to the list of confusion, which consists of him not remembering Katsuki. But Deku never asks, because Katsuki only tells him to stay away when he tries talking.

They're all physically fine.

I've been publishing a lot of random things lately, sorry about that!! I'll start publishing normal chapters soon.

I'm going to try making them longer from now on, though it will probably make it have slower updates.