4

"I heard John B's place is still up and going." Dad said once I walked into his office the next morning.

"What do you mean?"

"The bank hasn't taken it yet; I guess out of respect for the moment? I mean, he still has an Uncle, so that could also be the reason why."

"His Uncle still hasn't come to town yet?"

"Apparently not."

"Do you want me to stop by his place or something?" I asked and dad nodded.

"I want you to do some digging around that place. Maybe there's something in there that can help us out and them."

"Dad, what is our plan again?"

"Help those kids find the gold and get them back here without the police on their tails."

"But isn't Ward like already busted?"

"They don't have that much evidence just yet since the only source of information is dead."

"I'll go look around and look for god knows what." I mumbled and grabbed the car keys. "Anything else while I'm out?"

"Keep your virginity in tack." I heard my dad call out and I laughed quietly. Too late for that dad.

The drive to John B's old place wasn't that bad. I parked in the dirt driveway and heard the chickens clucking in the back. How are those things are still living?

I looked around the property not seeing anyone or anything, so I went through the back door and walked through the screened in patio. I opened the door to the house and walked in surprised the house didn't smell bad or even look bad. Someone's been here recently.

A body came up from behind me and took me down to the ground as I screamed. I rolled onto my back and looked into those same blue eyes I've seen before. "JJ! What the hell is wrong with you!" I screamed.

"Dakota? What the hell are you doing here!" JJ screamed back.

I pushed him off of me, struggling, but he wasn't getting off. "Would you get off of me?" I asked.

"No, not until you tell my what you're doing here at John B's."

"I'm snooping." I said.

"Why?"

"I heard around town about this John B dude and Sarah Cameron chick, so I thought I'd be Scooby Doo and the gang and meddle. Now can you get off of me!"

JJ got up off of me and helped me off the dusty ground. I brushed myself off and JJ watched. "Sorry to scare you. To be fair, you scared me yourself."

"Is that why you have a gun?" I nodded towards the black gun that was sitting on the couch.

"Sort of." He shrugged. "What exactly are you looking for, here?"

I shrugged. "Why are you here?"

"I stay here." JJ answered and walked off to the kitchen.

"Why?"

"Not a fun family life back home." He stated and I left it at that. "Want a sandwich?"

"No thank you, I just ate."

"Are you here to fück me?" JJ asked and I nearly choked on my own spit.

"You wish!"

"Yeah, I do."

"You might get some." I teased and JJ smiled. "As long as you don't have a secret girl on the side."

"Trust me," he began and took a bite from his sandwich, "I don't."

I ended up hanging out with JJ the rest of the afternoon, wondering where Pope and Kie was but apparently Kie was working at her family's restaurant and Pope was helping out his father. "Do you wanna take the boat out?" I asked.

"Sure." JJ nodded.

JJ helped me on to the boat and we sailed out, watching the sun go down. "My father is probably wondering where the heck I am." I laughed. I looked up towards the sky and JJ was lying beside me doing the same. He turned to face me, so I did so too.

"Where's your mom?" He asked.

"Dead."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine; I've kind of coped with it now, some days are still hard though."

"How did she die, if you don't mind me asking."

"She got sick." I answered and turned my head back to the sky to keep myself from crying.

"How do you like being from the Bahamas?"

"It's nice. I loved living on the water. Back home dad had our own home, but I practically lived out of one of the few hotels he owned. I was literally the only kid to be allowed by myself with no supervision around the hotel and casino."

"Isn't that scary though? All those older people around you?"

"Not as scary as you think. I haven't had a scary story about some adult trying to kidnap me if that's what you're thinking." I grinned. I looked back to JJ and he was still staring at me.

"Thanks for hanging out with me today. I needed the company." He smiled.

"Anytime, buttercup." I murmured. I closed my eyes and felt JJ lean up against his right elbow, hovering over me. "You're blocking my sun."

"There isn't much sun out for me to block." He added in. I peeped my eye open seeing his face was just inches away from mine. I leaned up the empty space and kissed him sweetly before leaning back on the boat and closing my eyes once more.

"Such a tease." He breathed out.

"I know."

JJ brought his lips back to mine and I opened my eyes for a quick second, before closing them once again. My arm wrapped around his neck as one of his hands went to my hip to try and pull me as close to his as possible.

His lips trailed from mine, to the spot below my ear to my neck, and down the front of my V-neck shirt. It was pulled over my head, leaving me in my bikini top. "Only fair, since I'm already shirtless." JJ smirked and I chuckled.

"Whatever you say."

As his fingers trailed to the buttons of my shorts my phone buzzed and we both groaned. "Please ignore it." He begged.

"My father might need me." I sighed into his lips.

"But I need you too." JJ whined.

I pushed him off of me and saw I had a text from my cousin Alexa back home. She was letting me know that 'Val and Vlad' were doing okay and for me to hurry my butt back home because she missed me.

"Did your father say something funny?" JJ asked.

"My cousin." I replied and tossed my phone back down and pulled JJ to my lips once again.

"I see you like to get down and dirty with the dogs, huh!" We heard a voice yell and saw it was Topper with Rafe and Kelce on their boat.

I flipped them off and they sped off. "I hate those guys." I growled.

"We all do, babe."