Chapter 1

1981. October 30.

Snape's POV:

I was waiting for Dumbledore to come. I didn't see the point of this secret meeting, because Pettigrew could tell him everything from the past two days. I was waiting at the edge of the Forbidden Forest, not the one next to Hagrid's house, but the other end near Hogsmeade. It was already dark and all I wanted was to get home, i was tired. It is hard to keep the Dark Lord out of my head and show him only those memories that stated I was on his side. And then there was Pettigrew, I thought Dumbledore put his trust in me, but then he sent another spy. I was angry and annoyed.
-Severus! We don't have much time. Tell me all the news you found out!
-I don't  think I can tell you anything that is new for you. I didn't talk to the Dark Lord outside of Death Eater meetings and Pettigrew was always around.
-Do you mean Peter Pettigrew?
-Who else do you know from the Order named Pettigrew working as a spy against the Dark Lorrd?
-I didn't ask him to work as a spy! He is the one who is spying on the Order! For the past couple of weeks the Death Eaters knew about everything we did and made sure not to achieve anything! Oh Merlin, he is one of the best friends of James! I have to talk to Sirius immediately!- with that Dumbledore apparated.
I was shocked and I couldn't think about anything else, but Lily. I was afraid that my information was late and Noseless (Voldemort) knew where to go. Of course Peter didn't know that I worked for Dumbledore! He kept it a secret because he knew someone from the Order of the Phoneix was working for Voldemort. I felt so stupid and I knew if Lily and James died it would be my fault.

Lily's POV:

I was in the kitchen washing the dishes. I could do it easily with magic, but I liked to spend time doing it. I slowed down a little bit during this time and I could think. Not about the Order, neither about Voldemort. I thought about the life we can have after the war. Suddenly a patronus flew through the window. I recognised it immediately. It was Dumbledore's phoneix. It opened its beak and I heard the voice of the headmaster of Hogwarts.

James and Lily! You are in great danger. Your secretkeeper had betrayed you. I'm not alking about Sirius, I had a meeting with him and he told me everything about the change in your plans. Pettigrew is a Death Eater working  for Voldemort. Come to Hogwarts now. You can apparate to my office until 7:30 pm.

She checked her watch. It was 7:15.
-JAMES! BRING HARRY IN HIS CARRIER, WE HAVE RO GO AWAY FROM HERE. PETTIGREW GAVE US OUT TO VOLDEMORT!!!
She heard her husband running around the second floor ti gather Harry's blanket and carrier. While he was doing this she cast a few charms and after a minute she was standing in a fort built of fully packed suitcases. Then she made them small enough to fit her pockets and as her last charm she made the house look like they were still there not knowing about the betrayal. If someone looked to the window he would see the Potters living their life the same way they did for the past months. She put all the suitcases, bags and boxes into the pockets of her jeans. The moment she was done James rushed down the stairs with a carrier in his hand. Their son was sleeping in it peacefully civered in nlankets to make sure he wasn't cold. Lily took James's hand and they apparated to Hogwarts.

It is a bit short, but I just wanted to set up the base of the story in this chapter. The next part is going to be longer.