Chapter 2

The man gapes at me, dead silent. He stares at me completely still, giving me time to really look at him. He had dark brown tousel hair with hazel eyes and a chisel face with fair skin. He wore royal red garments, and brown leather boots. I spot the book that he was holding on the ground, leaving his hands free to draw out a sword with a golden hilt.

A paint color horse stands behind him. Reins tied to a tree as he ignores us and continue eating the green grass.

I frown as I turn my gaze back to the man. Noticing that he had not spoken a word. "What? You're so shock that you can't hear properly? Let me down!" I say with impatience.

Mentally I chide myself for speaking so harshly, knowing he's the only one who could let me down.

I take a deep breath and exhale to calm myself before I add, "Please," as sweetly as possible, but it sounds more of a hiss. Gods, why must I be so cursed!

"I can't believe you exist!" He exclaims suddenly, making me jump, "I thought they were just myths!"

I sigh, "You mean werewolves? Yes, we do exist." I mumble as I lean back against the ropes. I have a feeling we're going to be here for awhile.

"You mean theres more of you?" He asks with interest yet he doesn't lower his sword; even though Im not much of a threat while being tangle in this cursed net.

I nod lazily, "Yes, and do you know what they'll do when they find out you captured me? Well I'll spare you the details, but it won't be pretty."

Pulling myself forward, I wrap my hands around the rope as I glare down at him. "If you want to live a long lasting life, let me down."

He frowns, curiosity and excitement replace with a cold tone, "I'll let you down if you promise not to kill farmer's livestock."

"What'd you mean? I don't hunt livestock." I fidget with my fingers at the thought of the pack being closer than I thought. My heart drops and I struggle to hide the fear in my voice.

Before he could say anything, a howl echos through the forest. Sending birds into the skies. Chills runs down my spine.

Fear claws its way up my throat as I say in a panic voice, forgetting to stay calm. "Listen, you got to let me down! Please I beg of you."

With my wolf senses, I smell two wolves coming at full speed, they know where I am. And they were getting closer with every passing second.

I turn back to the young man and stare at him in the eyes. "Please," I said once more. He breaks his gaze when two large dark brown wolves skid to a stop in front of him. They look at him then to me. Their yellow eyes glowing menacingly.

The man's horse neighs loudly, rearing onto his hind legs. Panic in his wide brown eyes.

I hear a rope being cut and suddenly I feel myself falling. I yelp before my back hits the ground. My breath is knock out of me, but I scramble to my feet as the wolves stalk forward.

The man points his sword at them with shakey hands, "Stay back!" He yells. The wolves snarl at him. Making no move to attack. Yet.

I breathe in as I force my body to become a wolf. I lower myself to the ground. Digging my claws into the cold dirt. My tail swish to the side and I bare my teeth in warning at the two wolves.

One of them snarls in return. It was Garth and his companion, Jasper, takes a step forward.

In a low voice he says, "The Alpha requests a meeting with you, Rieka. Come with us quietly and no blood will be shed."

I bare my teeth at him, "No, thank you Jasper. You tell your alpha that I will never join your pack! I would rather die than to have him as my leader." I hiss, emphasizing the word 'him' like it was a curse.

Jasper then bares his teeth at me in return. His legs bending down, into predator position. "So be it." At the same time they pounce.

I feel both of their large bodies collide against my small frame. I'm shove to the ground and I feel teeth and claws dig into my body.

I howl in pain as I try to push them off, but they were much bigger and stronger than me. However, I saw an opening on one of their necks. I quicky took action and snap my teeth into his fur as hard as I can. Locking my canines into his skin.

He whimpers like a puppy and I feel their weight leave my body and it was like I could breathe again. Blood is all I could smell and a stinging pain erupts through my sides. I close my eyes and mentally scream in my mind ignore the pain.

I hear yelling and barking. They ring in my ears, giving me a headache. I open my eyes to see that the man was fighting off the wolves with his sword. He swings at one, but the wolf jumps back.

Garth then pounces and it was like slow motion. The man whirls around toward the wolf as he lands on top of him. The sword pierces cleanly through Garth's body.

Jasper growls, but makes no move to attack. Instead he turns around and runs; kicking up dirt in his midst.

The man shoves the dead wolf off him and comes to my side. The look in his eyes tells me that my wounds were not pretty to look at. I try pulling myself up, putting my weight back onto my legs, however I sink back to the ground. Exhaustion falls over me, and my breathing is ragged.

"Hey, its okay, don't force yourself to get up." He says calmly. "We're going to take you to a doctor."

I close my eyes and focus on my breathing. Turning myself back into my human form. I look at my hands that had scratches and cuts. I feel blood drip down my leg and ribs.

I groan, "I did not need this today," I mumble, feeling lightheaded as I press my hand to my hip. My skin was burning and I felt flush. I pull my trembling hand away to see dark warm blood on it. I gulp, feeling nauseous all of a sudden.

I hear tears from cloth. "Uh, here?" He asks as he holds out long strips of cloth he had torn from his sleeves.

I take them gratefully, mumbling a thanks before I flip my red cloak to the otherside so I could wrap the cloth around my waist since I had no way of lifting my top up since I wore a dress, and then I lift the skirt to my knee and wrapped the other cloth around my leg where more blood was dripping, feeling my senses with a copper stench.

I hear hooves approach, I look up to see the man had brought his horse over while I was bandaging my wounds.

The man held his hand out to me and he slowly pulls me up, he steadys his by my arms when my legs tremble beneathmy weight. "Im Aaron, by the way." He says with a half smile. "Prince of Adrirea."

******
Had to give y'all another chapter! Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!