-Chapter 6-

The rest of the day went well and Baby didn't run into Devi. She was happy she was with Paxton, but she didn't know if that would escalate the situation even more. She talked to Eleanor and Fabiola a little bit and they told her that hopefully Devi would back off.  

Baby is currently walking to a bakery to apply for a job, she had arranged with one of the moms to pick up and babysit Zeke after school, the money she had is running out and she needed to pay rent somehow. Baby walked up to a small family owned bread bakery, it was a beautiful greenish bluish color and had bread props in the window with Italian Bread and Biscuit written on the window. On the sign it said SERENA'S BAKE SHOPPE in large cursive letters.

 On the sign it said SERENA'S BAKE SHOPPE in large cursive letters

"Hello, I'm looking to apply for a job."  Baby put on her best smile and asked the person in the front.

"Of course, are you Baby?" The woman in the front had short brown hair, blue eyes, and was around 40 years old.

"Yes." Baby nodded.

"I'm Serena, the owner, we talked on the phone." Serena smiled at the beautiful girl inf ront of her.

"Nice to meet you." Serena then led Baby to a small booth near a window.

"So, now we'll do the interview, I just have a couple of questions."

"Ok."

"Alright, why do you think you should work here?"

"I'm very hard working, I am a great learner, and I love working with people." Baby smiled sweetly. She noticed Serena writing things down on a notebook.

"What hours could you work?" 

"On weekdays I would prefer to not work weekends, I have to watch my little brother." Baby hoped that wasn't a deal breaker.

"That's fine, may I ask where you're parents are?"

"Sure, um well I am emancipated, I decided to move my brother an I for our safety and for a better life. That's part of the reason I need this job." Baby told her.

"Alright, well, everything checks out, you got the job." Baby squealed.

"Thank you so much." She shook Serena's hand and walked out of the shop. Baby was happy, everything seemed to be going right. It was time to pick up Zeke and Baby arrived at the house.

"Hey Baby, Zeke's ready for you." The mom she had asked to take care of Zeke, Marian, opened the door. 

"Sissyyy." Zeke rushed into Baby's arms. His ninja turtle backpack bouncing on his back as he ran. 

"Hey Sweetie did you have fun with Ms. Marian?" Baby asked hugging him tight.

"Yes, we played with dinosaurs." Zeke then decided to play with Baby's shirt, well Paxton's shirt.