prologue

( cat and mouse ! )

there was a hard knock at the door, as if someone was trying to get in. little amara awoke by it scared of what could happen she raced to her father's room. of course he was able to sleep through it. she shook him awake. "daddy, daddy, there's someone at the door." she told him. adonis stirred awake hearing the knocks he jetted awake. what the hell was happening? he got up from his feet quickly wondering how the hell someone got passed security. "go in your room and close the door and don't open it until i say so, you got it?" adonis told his daughter and she nodded, running away to her room shortly adonis heard her door slam.

he sighed getting a gun from his nightstand before putting it in his waistband. he quickly moved to the door peeking through the whole, it was pitch black. someone was covering it. adonis took deep breaths before opening the door and pointing a gun at the person. "what the hell are you doing? do you know how to use that?" the gun shot swatted away from adonis and he rolled his eyes.

"what the hell are you doing here and how did you get past security?" adonis walked out in the hallway closing the door behind him. "it wasn't that hard to get past them. where is she? i thought she would be the one to answer the door." the man looked around for someone else to come out.

"she hasn't lived here and years... have you seriously not talked to her?" adonis was shocked that he would still come here to look. "we're not the best at communication... what did she take the kid from you? where is she?" the man questioned.

"i still have amara. and i have no idea what she's doing or where she could be. should i be worried you don't know?"

"no, of course not."

there wasn't a morning she couldn't wake up to something normal, to a breakfast without chaos. the children were eating gummy worms for breakfast and watching tv with no signs of parents besides herself. "hey kids, where's momma and daddy?" she questioned and the children didn't remove their eyes from the television, but pointed to the left corridor. she sighed knowing that the kids would be on a sugar high but followed their instructions.

"ow! be gentle."

monica didn't expect to turn into the bathroom to see her wife and husband in that bad of a situation. her husband sat between their wife's legs with clippers in her hands and his hair on his floor, the side of his head shaved down. "what the hell are you two doing?" monica eyes went wide hoping they didn't do anything they regret. "he wanted a haircut and asked me because... he's lazy to go into town to get one." his wife explained as they both looked at her.

"and who's idea was it to give the kids candy for breakfast? they are two! they barely have teeth and you're gonna give them cavities." monica yelled at the both of them and they were like deer caught in headlights and pointed as each other to pin the blame and monica just crossed her arms over her chest as if she was disappointed.

her husband laughed. "you like my new cut?" he tried to change the conversation. monica went to say something to scold them both but the laughter of children came behind her legs. "we like it daddy!" the children exclaimed together. he smiled as his children and gestured to them.

"see they like it."