(10) He did it for me..

I ran screamed his name dropping down by his side, the vines had caught him half way down braking his leg. I lifted his head in my lap sobbing. His eyes closed and his body limp.

I looked up to see Mhino turning the corner.

"What happened" Mhino yelled, I looked back down sobbing. "Maddie! Tell me what happened"

"He jumped!" I sobbed "because of me" Mhino picked him up, me helping as we ran back to the glade. Mhino looked down at his lifeless body, tears filling his eyes.

"Help!" He yelled, Jeff and Clint ran up to us, as we let him down. I gasped for air as I felt I was sufacatjng.

"What happened?!" Clint asked kneeling down next to him.

"Is he alive?!" I yelled, Clint placed 2 fingers to Newts neck. He stayed there for a moment.

"He has a plus, but not for long get him up!" Mhino, Jeff and Clint all ran him to the homestead gladers staring at them. I stood up my legs shaking running to the homestead as They shut the door in front of Mhino. I ran up to the door pushing it open. Mhino grabbed me wrapping his arms around me pulling me back. I started punching and kicking randomly still sobbing. Alby came up to help him grab me.

"Stop!" I sobbed "I love him! He did it because of me.." I dropped down to my knees leaning into Mhino still sobbing. "Because of me.." Mhino ran his hand over my hair a tear rolling down his face.

"It'll be ok..he'll be ok" Mhino said, not knowing if he needed to tell me that or himself. Me and him sat outside of the homestead,soon I stoped crying as if I ran out.

"I'm sorry Newt.." I whispered, Mhino took my hand.

"Don't be sorry Maddie, you didn't remember.." Me and Mhinos face stained with tears.

"Mhino.. tell me something good" I said a tear dropped form my face.

"Uh...Ithinkingay" he said quietly and quickly.

"Slow down Mhino" I said looking at him, he turned to me for a moment.

"I'm gay.." I smiled something I didn't think I could ever do again. I rested my head on his shoulder as the sun set. I didn't eat, i wouldn't. It had been 5 hours since I found him and only then did Clint walk out.

"He's awake" Clint said, i shot up "but you can't see him yet" he said, I stoped.

"What! He jumped off the wall for me! Me! I love him and you won't let me see him are you that stupid!" I yelled at him stepping forward making him walk backwards "How stupid are you!" Mhino grabbed my arm.

"Maddie, ill tell Alby that you need to see him tomorrow" I turned to Mhino and hugged him tears flooding my eyes again. He did it for me....

-Next morning-

I woke, laying on the grass outside of the homestead Mhino looking over me.

"You can see him" he said, pulling me up.

He led me into the homestead and into the room at the end of the hallway. Newt laid on the bed, I closed the door so it was just me and Newt in the room. He sat up looking at me, I walked up to him punching him in the face. He looked at me holding his face, a bruise already forming.

"What was that for?" He asked me.

"That's for leaving me!" I yelled at me before leaning in and kissing him, him kissing me back. I broke the kiss looking at him.

"And that's because I love you" he smiled at me

"You remember?" He asked, I nodded "when?"

"That morning, I saw you running into the Maze and yelled to you but you didn't answer...Then I saw you jump off..why did you do that?!"

"You didn't remember me, I had nothing. Your my everything Maddie and without you I can't live..I'm nothing" I kissed his forehead.

"Promise me you won't leave me again..." he smiled

"Your here, why would I?" He kissed me, I instantly kissed back putting my hands on his neck, he moved my hands to my waist pulling me up onto his lap as if I weighed nothing. His hands ran down my back.

"Bro, stop." Mhino said walking in, I broke the kiss looking at him. He was holding some milk. "Sorry but 'he need some milk'" Newt laughed as Mhino set down the Milk glass and walking out. I turned back to Newt.

"Where were we?" Newt asked

"I think we were making out" Newt smiled pressing his lips back to mine. After a while we broke the kiss and I laid on newts chest, him playing with my hair.

"I love you" he whispered

"I love you too"