(20)

We walked up the hills of sand, Bree walking beside Newt who was now carrying the back pack I had picked up. The sun was blazing cutting off my vision. It was scorching, so hot it was as if my skin was melting off my bones. Thomas and Mhino were up ahead walking and talking. Our water was almost out let alone food. Things wernt looking good, everyone had the same thing on there mind just didn't want to admit it. We were probably going to die out here.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, I looked down. Winston wasn't looking good, sunken in eyes and pale. We walked up one more hill to find more sandy hills. It was as if it was never ending. I looked at Winston just in time to see him fall forward.

"Winston!" I yelled as we all ran by his side, he looked sick. his mouth filling with dark blood. I shook my head. "Help him!" I yelled looking at the boys, Mhino took one of his arms as I took the others walking for him. His head was falling down, his feet dragging. We walked for a while before we couldn't anymore. We set up camp, Winston laid on some blankets. I sat by his side.

Newt was sitting with Bree, as Aris was sitting beside me. Winston gowned

"Sh..Sh..Its ok..Your ok, Im here" I said as Newt left Bree with Frypan and came over to us. Aris put an arm around me pulling me close to him. I looked up to Newt to see him clench his jaw. I shrugged it off. I moved some hair off of Winstons head. I looked behind me to see Thomas and Tressa talking. I stood up walking over to them.

"Hey" I said smiling, they smiled at me.

"Hey Maddie" Tressa said, Thomas was looking down. "I have a question" I nodded looking at her "If you had to do something, to save everyone even if that means people with get hurt. would you do it?" I thought for a moment.

"Depends." As i fin shed my sentence a gun shot went off. I turned around to see Newt on top of winston. I ran over to them along with everyone else.

"He just grabbed it!" Mhino said, Winston turned on his side coughing up more blood.

"p-please..dont let me turn into one of them.." He said looking up at me, I kneeled down taking the gun from Newts hands. I handed it to him closing his hand around it. "thank you." I nodded kissing the top of his head tears rolling down my face.

Newt sighed patting Winston on his shoulder. Frypan and Mhino said there goodbyes as I packed up. We walked away from him leaving him there with the gun. He wanted us to go and I respected that.

We walked for about 10 minuets before we heard the shot, echoing through the air..the sound of death it self. Bree stepped closer to me, I put my arm around her.

We walked until our feet couldn't carry us any longer, it was now dark. No hills just a flat
Rocky surface, Bree slept in Mhinos arms as I walked beside Newt. My feet hurt as if I was walking on nails.

Soon it was pitch black, the only thing lighting up the area was the moon. We all sat down, Bree still sleeping, me laying half way on Newt who was sat up ageist a back pack. I closed my eyes Newt playing with my hair and I fell asleep soon after.

I saw Winston sitting in front of me, his forehead had a gun shot in it. Black blood flowing out of the hole.

"Hi.." he whispered, blood falling from his mouth.
"Winston." I said reaching out to him.
"Maddie listen to me. Don't trust-"

Before he could finish I was woken up by a loud bang. My eyes shot open and I sat up. Newt was up as well, a dark cloud which lit up every few seconds in the Horizon. Thunder crashing.

"Guys! Wake up" I yelled, Thomas sat up staring at me before looking at the cloud.

"Shit" he said, Mhino picked up Bree and handed her to me. Thomas stood up looking the other way.

"Guys..look" I turned my head to see small lights in the distance. "Lights." Everyone got up and began to run towards the lights, the storm behind us. Soon the storm cloud was over us pouring down. We kept running none the less. The lights came closer as we ran further towards them.

As we got closer I saw that the lights were coming from a building, we were about 10 feet away form the door when I heard a loud deafening bang. I covered brees head as I fell down my back hitting the ground. When I sat up and turned around I saw that Mhino was on the ground, not moving. Thomas and Newt picked it up and we ran into the dark building. They placed Mhino on the floor, Thomas giving him CPR tears filling his eyes.

"Come on Mhin.." he whispered as a tear rolled down his face. Mhino didn't move for a moment but then her took a gasp of breath and opened his eyes. "Fuck Mhino you scared the living hell out of me" Thomas said pulling him into a hug. I smiled, I placed Bree down looking around the room. That's when a crank jumped out at us, but was pulled back by a coller on its neck.

More cranks jumped out the chains just stopping them from ribbing us open. Newt pulled me behind him.

"See you met my guard dogs" a voice said, a girl walked out of the shadows. She was wearing all black, pale and had short dark brown hair.

"Who are you?" Newt asked

"Names Brenna." She said turning around and walking off, before she left the room she turned to us. "You coming?" She asked, we slowly walked past the cranks following the girl.